Opel GT Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

· Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
I have to back out...
Driving home on Tuesday with the BENGEL (the Kadett E Convertible) "I lost my water" so to speak. All of it in an instant, when the upper radiator hose disconnected from the radiator. Further investigation showed that the plastic hose connector (yes, the radiator has plastic end caps :aargh4:) just broke off. I ordered a replacement radiator (1990 Pontiac LeMans) the same day and received it yesterday. Short story, it is completely identical to the Opel radiator LH to RH, but the Pontiac unit is about 4" higher. So, I'm currently radiator-less with my car of choice for the great sunny weekend, and I don't want to do the long trip with the MINI BRUTE. I'll just have to stay home and get drunk by myself.
Sorry guys, but I'll be with y'all with my thoughts, and hope (=know) you'll have a great time!

Dieter
Dieter, if the original radiator core is still good often a new end tank can be fabricated from aluminum and welded to the old core. I used to do this all the time to late model Subaru WRX's and STI's that had cracked plastic end tanks.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I'm loaded up, and leaving about 12, unfortunately Harold didn't take me up on my offer to even pick him up. Looks like I may follow the storms, but it is starting to clear out here.
The storm is supposed to pass through here this afternoon then clear out for the weekend. Drive safe!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Friday night pictures before the AutoFair! Lori, Floyd, Charles, Terry, Yvonne, Asian Boy, Keith....

Attachments

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.