Opel GT Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I know, I know, the Yellow Blaze should have been right there waiting, but I got to have the whole Sunday here at home to do nothing but cook BBQ and loaf
Glad you got home safe and sound! Your GT would have competed much better than mine.... Judging is complete and we are getting ready to go through winners circle to see how we did.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Glad you got home safe and sound! Your GT would have competed much better than mine.... Judging is complete and we are getting ready to go through winners circle to see how we did.
I didn't win anything in the overall judging but it was a blast to be included in such a group of cars!

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,929 Posts
Made great time.. this AMs not starting issue was a bad cell in the battery.. (Wierd it would just go out overnight... ).. New (+) and a New Battery and all is good. No issues getting home.. in fact I got home in a little under 4 hours

( Since I don't speed.. I must have found a shortcut.. )

Reactions: pherrley

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Made great time.. this AMs not starting issue was a bad cell in the battery.. (Wierd it would just go out overnight... ).. New (+) and a New Battery and all is good. No issues getting home.. in fact I got home in a little under 4 hours

( Since I don't speed.. I must have found a shortcut.. )
Glad you made it home safe and figured out what was wrong with the starting issue... Did you get AutoZone to test it for you?

· Opeler
17 Posts
Charles, Glad you made it safely home and thanks for making the trip. Thanks Roy Bell for always making it a pleasure and representing the Opel's in the winner's circle. Keith's Opel is awesome. We all know your GT makes us look good. Next time, however, I am wearing my hip high boots because the BS does get deep at times. Elvis has now officially left the building.

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,929 Posts
Glad you made it home safe and figured out what was wrong with the starting issue... Did you get AutoZone to test it for you?
Advance did.. :) Charging was fine, battery not so much..

But under warranty.. so they swapped out the battery..

$6 (Cost of new (+) Terminal) was the total cost to "fix" the Kadett.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
The weather was just about perfect for a car show! We ended up with 6 GT's one Manta and one Kadett. Three awards where given...

Keith Lundholm, BEST IN SHOW....
Keith's GT was perfect in every way. I could have flipped the car upside down and eaten off the bottom, it was that clean... Perfect paint, interior, engine bay.... This car was better than new from the factory. Elvis even liked it!

Charles Goin, 1ST PLACE....
Charles' blue 4 door Kadett was very nice, especially the engine bay area with a nice looking custom 2.0L valve cover. Very nice car!

Mark Kirsch, 2ND PLACE....
Mark's GT has been improving each time he has showed up to our shows... Very nice GT, getting better all the time...

Keith's car is the left one, Mark's car is the one in the middle and Charles' car is on the right.....

Also attending was Roy Bell, Lori and Floyd Schwartz, Helmut Guehr, Mark Glasser and Ed Dingo.

The OPEL NATIONALS will be held here in September!

Attachments

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Since Keith had to go back to Tennessee Saturday evening, he could not go through the Sunday "Best Of Show" parade, I took his place to represent our Opels... This is done every AutoFair and they give out the "Best Of Show" award from all 50 car clubs that came! An Opel actually won one year!

Attachments

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.