Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I figure we should start a seperate thread for the spring get together.

April 23 at Bud Park in Clinton Township. Roughly 18 Mile Rd between Groesbeck and Garfield. Map attached.

Plan to get there about 1 or 1:30. I will get there at 1 and fire up a grill. Please let me know roughly who is coming and if you are bringing families. My wife and kids (15, 12, 10) are undecided until they hear who else might be there. There is a soccer field and ball diamond, plus a covered picnic area.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ne...getmap=Get+Map

·
Opeler
747 Posts
Steve, your map isn't there. Just a link to yahoo asking for address, etc. I expect to stop by on the 23rd for a bit.
Don

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
has anyone thought to get a roster together of everyone's information? that way instead of relying on the net here to promote our little events, we can actually plan them out a bit, via the phone or whatever?

and yes, i'll definately be there, prolly leave the house at about 10 am.

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
i'm all set for sunday the 23rd. will be rolling out at 10 am to get there 'about' 12ish.

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great! So far it is you, Don and I. I am hoping we can get Coolcrisp and Mike also. Plus the Canadian, don't forget him!

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mini's are COOL! Can we take it apart? :)

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
*chuckles* i bet the seats would fit in my gt.

i'm not sure who's driving passenger in my car yet... but i'll find someoen. i hate road trips that are solo, but *shrug*

i'm still of the disposition that we get each other's contact info and addresses so that we can start our little michigan club... *shrugs* i know there's more than 3 opels in michigan. ****. 4 are parked in my yard alone. lol.

·
boomerang opeler
5,622 Posts
i think the new mini seats are too wide for the gt :no:
the cabin in the mini is way wider than the gt , i dont even think the seats from the old mini would fit as there was no gear box tunnel in the mini so the seats could be bigger

·
Opeler
120 Posts
hmmm maybe I will bring my other car :veryhappy , I would like to keep my MINI in one piece, is you can tell from my signature my MINI has a John Cooper Works kit on it, and from the last time I checked on the MINI fan web site #249 is the lowest works kit number in the US. :D

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
*grins* i've never looked at a mini upclose. would like to see it. lol. i promise i'll leave my 'car chop shop' tools at home. yar.

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
seeing that we're 8 days away from said meet, do we have a list of definates?! lol.

i'm going. even if i'm by myself!

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks like just you, Don, Mike and myself. We didn't hear from CoolCrisp and some of the others, I thought we would!

It is not too late!

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hopefully you can make it, we would love to meet you!

·
Curve Crazy GT
399 Posts
!!

So far my schedule is lookin clear, so most likely ill be heading up there!!

This will be my first time to see more then 1 opel in the same place in person!:)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts