Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was woundering how the springs were set up on the gt's. i read some where that they had a single front spring, is that true? if so are there any kits to change to coil without destroying the car?

also is there an advantage to a single spring, if it is true.

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
Numerous people have done their own custom conversion, some sucessfull(RallyBob) and others not (Dave Ligon). TGSI offers/offered a kit but you'll have to take out a mortgage... :)

I'll be doing a conversion sometime in the next year or two and will post pictures...if you can wait.

-Travis

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BQS4 said:
The GT has a traverse single front spring, the only way to change to coil springs is to graft a Kadett C front suspension on. There's pictures of it on Uwe Klipperts site www.uwe-klippert.de I think is the link
i found the picuters but it didnt help much since i have not seen the underside of a stock gt. :(

im hoping that you just unbolt the front clip and put the other on :confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Travis said:
I'll be doing a conversion sometime in the next year or two and will post pictures...if you can wait.
its going to be awhile before i have an opel, and once i have it it might take a little bit before i work up the nerve to change it. so i think i can wait :p

·
587 Posts
Unless you plan on doing some racing or just want to modify your GT, changing to a front coil spring set-up probably isn't worth it. The GT handles OK, But all you need to do is add Polyurethane bushings, sway bars & a lowering spring. You should be very happy with the results plus save alot of time & money trying to convert over to the coil springs. I'm sure all but the few true die-hard racers will agree.

Tom C

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.