Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to heat the intake for quicker warm-up in the winter when using the sprint manifold....some sorta heat riser? Or must one just wait till it warms up via heat from the head?

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
bosco;
The non-sprint manifolds had a "heat stove" that wrapped around the front runner and gathered heat and sent it up a tube to the air cleaner. These were mostly on the Kadetts, Mantas, Sportwagon/Wagon, Sedans, as the stock GT aircleaner didn't have a provision for it. But, sadly, over the years, a lot of these were cut off and discarded. Some members may still have one. Good luck!

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
um it says you are from Las Vegas...... I wouldn't think that you would have a problem with cold weather!

anyway, I had a sprint on one of my GT's, drove it in under 30deg weather and never had a problem with it heating up. As Gil at OGTS will tell you, most people won't notice the difference in cold start performance.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
9,742 Posts
Chris;
You need to check today's weather for Las Vegas, it SNOWED in Las Vegas today!!!! LOL It was on the 6 o'clock news here in Atlanta!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, we woke up to like 2 inches on the ground........and in the low 30s.........and Gil was the one who told me it would run rough for awhile, till it warmed up, in cold weather.

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
thats funny he told me that there really wouldent be any difference, well that was 5 years ago, maybe his opinion has changed, I never noticed a difference anyhow.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Winter Wonder Land!

Most of the GM Holden cars we have here get their cold start manifold heat from the cooling water with the line to the heater passing through a jacket in the manifold.

So if you have cold start problems just weld an ali tube along the intake manifold and connect up the hose to the heater. In winter the heater is on and water is sent to it before the thermostat opens. With the heater off in summer then there is no hot water circulating. I put a ball valve in the line to positively shut the heater off during summer.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
Celeste is annointed

Celsete says thanks to oldopelguy....opels are my passion...I dont care "what is faster'...

the sprint manifold....genuine opel....it will be on soon... there will be an exorcism of the existing exhaust.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Re: Celeste is annointed

bucky said:
Celsete says thanks to oldopelguy....opels are my passion...I dont care "what is faster'...

the sprint manifold....genuine opel....it will be on soon... there will be an exorcism of the existing exhaust.
So who is this Celsete then!!? You two timing ? . . . thought you were the faithful kind! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts