Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stainless Gt?

Ive been looking into some options for making my gt "rust proof" i did some checking and was thinking of replacing the body panel(s) with stainless steel sheet-metal (of course that adds lots of extra wieght) but after pricing stainless sheetmetal i think ill just fix what i have although it would be a great project if i had the money to persue it... i found that it would cost around 5000 dollars for the entire body. thats if the labor is free.....

·
114 Posts
stainless steel

hi,
stailess would be the solution to prevent rust,but stainless steel and faktory
steel don't go together,because of chemical reaktion between
the two materials,

good luck:p :p :p

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
For $5000 worth of materials I think he was talking about making the entire body out of Stainless.

though I did have a gt where somone patched it with stainless and the corrosion around the weld was ten times worse than the original rust.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
sounds like my snowmobile! grade 8 bolts in an aluminum engine doesnt work, i guess nobody told yamaha!;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes... i was planning on doing the entire body and most of frame.. i can get the peices for the frame for free as i know a guy who does stainless steel studs for a living... but the sheetmetal will cost out the wazoo... so its a idea in the rough

1 - 7 of 7 Posts