Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Can Opeler
3,518 Posts
The above link still sells it.

I just replaced 95% of all hardware on my GT with m6,7,8,10, and 12 bolts/nuts/washers from McMaster Carr. Cheap and you will have hundreds of extras. I went with yellow zinc chromate as I’m not a fan of stainless steel bolts. I also replaced most of the screws on my car with brass coated ones because they are pretty lol.

Reactions: Gary

·
1,287 Posts
Thank you very much for the help, I’ve sent an email and looked at the website.

·
Living in the past
2,340 Posts
The above link still sells it.

I just replaced 95% of all hardware on my GT with m6,7,8,10, and 12 bolts/nuts/washers from McMaster Carr. Cheap and you will have hundreds of extras. I went with yellow zinc chromate as I’m not a fan of stainless steel bolts. I also replaced most of the screws on my car with brass coated ones because they are pretty lol.
Back in the day, before bracket racing came into being and real race cars were required to not only meet safety rules but were required to run on class records and class indexes for handicap starts in the elimanator, cars were classed by weight to HP or weight to cubic inches. My car in addition to acid dipped body panels also had aluminum nuts, bolts and washer holding things togather (except suspension & drive line pieces). and painted up to match the car. Half the fun of racing was playing the game with the tech inspector to see what he could find and you to conceal it well enough that he couldn't find it.

·
Super Moderator
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
MMS & Accessories Inc.
[email protected]
800-441-9451
mmsacc-stainless.com
Yep, that's the supplier:

Navigate to
and scroll down a ways...

OPEL GT MISC FASTENER KIT--STAINLESS--

10-0730 $96.00

CONTAINS STAINLESS FASTENERS FOR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:

FRONT BUMPERETTES, FRONT BUMPER, GRILL, FRONT SIGNAL HOUSING, SIDE MARKER HOUSING, HEADLIGHT BUCKET FRONT & REAR BRACKET, LIGHT COVER, SWIVEL BRACKET, ASSEMBLY TO BODY, HOOD, HOOD LATCH, WASHER BUCKET HOLDER, WIPER MOTOR, WIPER ARM TO COWL, AIR VENT INTAKE, DASHBOARD PAD, PLASTIC HEATER DUCT, HEATER/VENT CONTROL, INSTRUMENT PANEL, HEADLIGHT ACTUATOR, CENTER CONSOLE, LIGHT SWITCH ON DOOR JAM, ROCKER PANEL KICK PLATE, WINDOW GLASS BRACKET, WINDOW RISER-TOP & BOTTOM, WINDOW REGULATOR, REGULAR SUPPORT BRACKET, DOOR PANEL PAD, PASSENGER HOLD-ON HANDLE, ARMREST, OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE, DOOR LATCH, STEERING COLUMN BRACKET, SEAT TO FLOOR, VISOR BRACKET TO ROOF, MIRROR TO ROOF, LUGGAGE DECK, WHEEL WELL CUSHIONS, REAR POP OUT WINDOW, SPARE TIRE SUPPORT, FUEL GAUGE SENDER, REAR SIDE MARKERS, REAR BRAKE/TURN HOUSING, LICENSE TO BUMPER, LICENSE BRACKET, REAR BUMPERS

___

OPEL GT 1.9 MISCELLANEOUS ENGINE & UNDERHOOD KIT

268 PCS

Contains fasteners for the following: Flywheel Housing to Engine Block, Trans to Flywheel Housing, Flywheel Dust Shield, Trans Bottom Cover, Trans Back Half to Case, Trans Cross Member to Frame, Trans Mount to Cross Member, Trans Mount to Trans, Trans Speedometer Cable Hold Down, Oil Pump Cover, Cam Access Cover, Engine Cross Member, Motor Mount to Cross Member, Motor Mount to Engine Brackets, Engine Brackets to Engine, Cooling Fan to Water Pump, E-Brake Handle Inside Car, E-Brake Line to E-Brake Handle, Master Cylinder to Booster, Booster to Front Wall, Booster Support to Firewall, Headlight Flip Inside Car, Headlight Back Brackets, Clutch Cable on Firewall, Radiator Botton Bracket, Hood Release to Firewall, Exhaust Head Shield, Horns, Charcoal Canister Hold Down, Brake Line Hold Down, Pressure Plate, Hood to Hinge.

10-0090 $105.00

OPEL GT 1.9 MISCELLANEOUS TRANSMISSION & ENGINE MOUNT KIT

136 PCS

Contains fasteners for the following: Flywheel Housing to Engine Block, Trans to Flywheel Housing, Flywheel Dust Shield, Trans Bottom Cover, Trans Back Half to Case, Trans Cross Member to Frame, Trans Mount to Cross Member, Trans Mount to Trans, Trans Speedometer Cable Hold Down, Engine Cross Member, Motor Mount to Cross Member, Motor Mount to Engine Brackets, Engine Brackets to Engine

10-0094 $60.00

____

OPEL FRONT SUSPENSION BOLT KIT

178 pcs 10-0732 309.60

Includes fasteners for the following: Front suspension bolts, Dust Cover, Rotor to Hub, Steering Knuckle (Nut & washer only), Steering Coupling Clamp, Upper Control Arm, Lower Control Arm to Frame, Headlight Adjuster Plates, Rack & Pinion Bolts to Frame, Upper Ball Joint, Upper Shock Tower, Bump Stop, Lower Ball Joint, Outer Tie Rod Clamp, Lower Shock, Lower Control Arm, Spring Retainer Bolt

Reactions: Autoholic

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Remember when they were $ 83.00 for the 358 kit ah the less expensive good ol days

·
Build a dream and drive
133 Posts
View attachment 429798 Awesome. I just came across this old article as well but will be checking on availability. Just keep in mind, as others have mentioned years ago that stainless hardware will gall. The remedy for this is to use food-grade anti-sieze. This is an ABSOLUTE MUST!!!!! This stuff isnt hard to find, its very readily available. Just a dab will do

·
1,287 Posts
USPS just dropped off my package from MMS and Accessories, everything is still packaged and labeled the same way. Quick turnaround, I only ordered it a week ago!

·
Registered
1971 Opel GT
79 Posts
It looks like I missed the boat on these. I saw some recent activity here, so I just was ready to order some and there was a message on the website that sounded like their current situation is questionable, so I sent an email and got this response...

MMS and Accessories will not be processing any orders in 2021. Thank you for your support.

Sounds like they may have ceased operations.:(

21 - 29 of 29 Posts