Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
FINALLY

I got it yesterday... still took me twenty minutes to get the bolt out but once it was out getting the bolts back in was ten times easier i ended up using some no name socket and rachet with the three inch extention i mentioned. what i did is i somehow got both hands into that small space (from the bottom of course) and held the rachet still with one hand while i turned it one click at a time with the other... time comsuming but effective given the tools i had to work with. I have the cuts to prove it wasnt easy with crappy tools but its done and she starts now so i mustve did it right... also i replaced the therm housing and therm. (which took less time than to get the top bolt out of the starter heh... anyway... thanx for the suggestions on tools those "crows feet" look very well worth looking into given the amount of space in the engine bay and the size of my hands...Worst thing is i feel like a dumbass now because after i got everything in and working the battery died before i could get the car started again and it was dark but i still put in another battery.. unfortunately the posts were opposite the original so once again (this time not even so car neive) i hooked the batt up backwards... looks like more wires to replace.. im hoping it took the same ones as last time (light relay wires) because then it will be easy... I swear i will never NEVER do anything in the dark again......Ignorance is bliss and i think im falling in....maybe my luck will change when i get the calipers to make the brake system funtional

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.