Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bother you all with this, but I have a request. One of the things that makes this site such a terrific resource for the Classic Opel Community is that the threads are organized by topic. For a while, the members were doing a great job, starting new threads in the forum headings that fit the question. We created new forum headings, organized similarly to the Factory Service Manual, so finding answers would be easy.

But lately, this poor Moderator has been spending far too much time moving threads around, and splitting threads that are headed in two directions. So PLEASE, when you start a thread, take a look around and see what forum heading best fits your question. And PLEASE don't start all your threads in the "GT" forum. Technical questions almost always should be started in one of the Technical Forum headings. Only questions that are SPECIFICALLY related to the GT, and NOT found in the Technical Forum, should be posted there. Such as "How many GT's were built with the split front bumper". And stuff like that.

Another request, if I may be so bold. BEFORE you start a thread, have a look around and see if your question has already been asked. We have a terrific search engine, so please use it. If you find a thread that "almost" deals with your question but not quite, please add another post. The best threads are ones that cover the complete issue.

Finally, please don't start a new topic, unrelated to the thread that is ongoing. Take a moment to look around to see if has been answered already. If you don't find a related thread, start a new one, in the appropriate forum heading.

Thanks for all your help. I am now off my soap box and heading back to work on my Opels. Which would have been done a long time ago, but I spend too much time moderating...

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Newbies

Keith,

This would go along with the section or area that you mentioned in another thread, FAQ's (frequently asked questions).

I would think it would be easier to direct some of the new people coming in to the FAQ section where they could easily find some of there questions without rehashing them.

That way, when a new thread starts on similar topics, they could add to them without the review section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts