Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,133 Posts
Mileage won't be an issue for me and neither will garaging the car nor the 25 year old age restriction (my wife and I are just a little over that and my 15 year old won't be going near this car for another decade at least :D ). It's the definition of "daily driver" that will probably affect me. I plan to drive my car four days a week to work and occasional pleasure use on the weekends. With two other cars to be used for all other driving, does that make the GT my daily driver?
I think Grundy requires you to have another car besides the Opel that you would use for your "Daily Driver". You have to provide them with the other car's information for proof.

·
Non Civilian
2,085 Posts
I was told by a clerk at the Secretary of State that people reported getting tickets for things like stopping for ice cream but that's just hearsay. I've never run into anyone who's had a problem driving with vintage plates.

Don

Cops don't screw with people who have vintage plats are a rule. Why jack around an old timer, they will complain like hell and have all the time in the world to make citizen complaints. Supervisors don't like this. We have much more productive punks/dirt bags to harass. BTW, just don't do anything stupid in your car to get extra unwanted attention.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
My GT has an agreed value of $30,000.00 through Hagerty. If the car gets totaled I get the $30,000.00. There are a few things that convinced Hagerty to insure it for that much. I am the original owner, that worked in my favor, also I have invoices for well over $30,000.00 from OGTS. Those two combined sealed the amount. Also I live in Nevada, so the insurance company cannot put a limit on the milage. Works for me, no accidents yet, and I hope it stays that way.

Bob

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have mine insured for $20K.

Probably a bit high, should be more like $15K

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had an old jeep insured under Hagerty and because it was in storage I did not have collision on it...only PL/PD.....a 14 year old took it out of my garage and totalled it...happily he broke a few ribs and had a hellish gash on his forehead...but the insurance paid nothing...his family had nothing so I just have no jeep anymore...no money at all...I was lucky to sell the remains for $600.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have been with Hagerty for around 6 years and have the car valued/agreed upon value of 12,000.00, actually should be more as since the restoration of around 16,000 dollars, no labor of course only parts, I have only put 2500 miles on it in the last 20 years - its a long story. So in a lot of respects it is getting close to a new car in looks, parts, and the way it drives - close but not totally there. That 12000.00 is what they will pay if the car is totaled but the new thing the agent asked me this year is for an additional 15.00 on the annual premium, in the event the car is totaled, you not only get the 12,000.00 but you get to keep the car too. That seems like a great deal as your car becomes a parts car with a lot of value, especially a low mileage car. With all that said I would be devastated if anything ever happened to my GT.
Best, Carl :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts