Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so careful when I took the column apart....and put everything in order....but it's gone.....I need the small round wire thing that holds the bearing guide in it....it is some sort of snap ring...one our parts store and Home Depot never saw before (bunch of tourists)

I have cleaned, swept..crawled and nothing...probably fell and stuck to my shoe...or the snap ring fairy stole it...
Thanks .... Joel

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just went out and looked at it again...I don't see a groove in the shaft to hold a snap ring...is that just a spacer ?? I think I could make one ...probably out of 1/8" rod ???

Maybe, I could go to the lock shop and find a key ring that size...??

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK....I think I understand ....I was wondering why no one was answering my question....there is no snap ring....I thought there was a collar and a snap ring.... Today I was playing around with it and realized just the collar goes in and the spring holds it in place....once I did that, then the steering wheel fit and no wobble ...easy when it is in place and I am not looking for another part.....especially one that never existed...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts