Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6,344 Posts
I'd have to check on my GT, but I've modified the engine bay for the V-6 install, there is a boot for the brake rod, some grommets for the wiring harness and hood release cable, but most of the grommets can be had at a local electrical supply house. The throttle linkage I don't know, that was removed entirely along with the sheet metal in that area, a couple of years ago. HTH.

· Senior Contributor
695 Posts
There is a rubber seal that attaches at the fire wall to seal the steering column as it passes though into the engine bay, also can be obtained at Opel GT Source.

· Registered
6,344 Posts
The best way to install that seal is to drop the steering column from the instrument panel and structure, then disconnect the shaft at the steering rack. Pull the shaft back far enuff to slip the seal over the end of the shaft, then slide it up to the firewall and slip it over the flange. That's it.

· Opeler
223 Posts
When I did this I didn't drop the collum I just loosened the bolt at the inside U- joint this gave enough give to get the boot on. Kind of slide the shaft into the car maybe 1/2 or 3/4 an inch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.