Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried twice unsuccessfully to pull my steering wheel (to fix the horn ring) with a puller.....the first time mangling the end of the shaft so bad I barely had enough thread to get the nut back on after dremeling off the part I messed up. When I eventually revisit this repair I'm thinking of a new steering wheel to go with my new (to me) shaft. I'm not sure of the diameter of the original (son has the car at work) but I was wondering if a slightly smaller diameter wheel was available (I have recaros and they sit slightly higher putting the edge of the wheel closer to the drivers legs) for these cars or maybe I should consider one with a flat bottom.

Are there only certain brands of wheels available for these cars....? I know I need a hub for an Opel but do wheel brands only work with their hubs? I saw some 13" steering wheels in a Z car catalog for a reasonable price ($125) but the hub issue confuses me.

Any help appreciated.
Mike

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Bosco, there's one on Ebay now, Item number: 7924941189.There were some Nardi hubs on there a while ago. This is a problem I'm going to tackle during the winter. I just got up and running and don't really care right now if the steering wheel is straight. HTH, Jarrell

1 - 2 of 2 Posts