·
Banned
3,842 Posts
M10 x 2 seems to be it.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, that does not sound like a standard pitch for a M10 bolt usually 1.5 to 1.75. I guess finding this will be like everything else a pain in the :eek: :eek:

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
When I get down to the shop I'll check a better one with thread guages but that's what it looks like. I'll take the other one down to the hardware store and know for sure.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,400 Posts
It is a standard pitch M10x1.5 mm size.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
I Concure ...

heimue said:
It is a standard pitch M10x1.5 mm size.
Yes it is a standard M10 X 1.5mm pitch nut - and the thread is very delicate. When trying to remove the steering wheel you MUST push on the shoulder below the thread not on the end of the thread. A sleeve or suitable sized socket that will slip over the thread is needed so that the centre bolt of the wheel puller does not bear on the end of the thread. Pushing on the end of the thread will just collapse it and ruin ANOTHER perfectly good steering column. Also watch that the outside of the sleeve or socket is not too big or the soft splines on the steering wheel hub will be broached out of the centre of the hub as it is removed......... Just don't ask how some of us old Opelers know this :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts