Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a new steering wheel for my Gt from Nardi.... any have any sugestions for removing the stock gt wheel without having a custom wheel puller??

Han anyone else installed the Nardi steering wheel?? How did it go? what did you use to pull the gt wheel??

Thanks

Joe Van Wagnen

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
steering wheel puller

i was lucky ehough i had a puller around its the same one used on the bitters and several others it works like a charm if u can get one. it also has a little ball bearing in the center screw part which keeps it from slipping when u tighten it down. i have heard u can get a type of pilot bearing remover that will do the same trick. i also saw a pic of a custom one looks pretty easy to make.also which wheel did u get from nardi.

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
Nardi/Personal are the same, MOMO is another, as is Grant. You do searches on EBAY and should get a few hits.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Custom Hub

When you installed the Nardi did you need a custom steering hub to install it? I was thinking of purchasing one of those myself and was just curios as you already had one!

Thanks
-Sean

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
I had both a Nardi/Personal and a MOMO steering wheel for my Sportwagon, but, the adaptor I have is for a Nardi/Personal. I had a gunsmith friend of mine machine a adaptor for the adaptor so I could use the MOMO on the Nardi/Personal. MOMO has adaptors for their adaptors to run Nardi/Personal wheels on them, but, not the other way around. But, with the piece my friend made I can. I traded the MOMO wheel for a carpet set for my wife's Sportwagon, nice trade. But, I kept the machined adaptor in case I run across another nice MOMO wheel.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Nardi wheel i bought comes with the hub adapter and all the stuff to mount it to the opel.... you can buy them on ebay under the gt section

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
This really has nothin' to do with the steering wheel. I would like to ask opelgt722002: Got any pics of that GT under your name? Liked to see them if you do! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts