Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about a stereo for my GT. The current situation is this; uncut dash with a good am radio, no speaker holes anywhere or speakers, all new vinyl and carpet. I want to keep this clean stock look. My question is if anybody has done a different mounting place besides the dash and if so where and how was it? One other note, my heater control valve is inside like a 69. So I don't think that the passenger side is a good idea. I've also seen the posts about changing the radio into a head unit but the cost and usability seem to rule that out.

I'm fishin for alternatives to cutting anything, or as little as possible. Oh yea, and a walkman is illegal to drive with.

· Banned
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about the miata seats bud mine are good with new covers. The package tray is also new and uncut, I really don't want to go there. The remote sounds interesting, but is it infrared? Meaning that if there is no line of sight it doesn't work. I just finished a new cover for under the spare tire flap. I will probably put speakers in it. That will hurt me the least. I have another gauge panel with a break that is easily fixed. It hasn't been cut for a stereo maybe I will cut it. Just thinking about it hurts.

· Banned
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I looked at the jumper thing on this deck and found that I have both electrical connections and physical buttons, so that idea went away. I decided to remove the center support for the spare tire tray and do this. I got a wild hair and decided to cut the panel and picked up a pair of el cheapo speakers to try it. I made the panel and if I hate it I can just make another one.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.