Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Panel Beater
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like an opel with good floors. A good original example for restoration or a restored car with good rust condition before restoration at a fair price based on condition.

Thank you, Johnvan

·
Panel Beater
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found One!!! A 1970 opel gt in good shape.

johnvan

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
Congrats! Pictures?

·
Panel Beater
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures of my Opel

Here are some pictures! I haven't had the car shipped to me yet.

a352_1[1].jpg

ac3f_1[1].jpg

b48b_1[1].jpg

d29c_1[1].jpg

e72a_1[1].jpg

·
gone Opel GT crazy!
640 Posts
yes that's a great find!
looks to be in perfect condition!

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
Wow - that looks great! That's an excellent color too! Have fun!

:beerchug:

Matt

·
Opeler
1,768 Posts
so you're the one who bought the ebay one
Congrats, looks like a nice car, a very nice one. Much cheaper to get a nice one than make a nice one I think. Shipping it or picking it up?

·
Panel Beater
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's me! I've been looking for a while. I live in Quebec near the Vermont New York border, approximately 250 miles from the Gt in New York. I will be picking the car up. I restore cars for a living. British cars and want a car for myself that isn't British. I have always loved the Opel Gt's and had a 1971 in 1972. I never had a collector car for myself and this is it. The work done and parts put on the car justifies the price. The car also had no rust on floors and rockers, which is rare.

·
Opeler
1,768 Posts
So you work on Triumphs and MGs but don't want to drive one? Is there a message in there? Just kidding, I had a Midget for a while and loved it, darn near bought another before I got my GT.

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
I bought my GT from a car collector and it came down to a choice between a Triumph and the GT. I liked both but after I almost put my feet through the floorboard of the Triumph, I went with the GT.

·
Panel Beater
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So you work on Triumphs and MGs but don't want to drive one? Is there a message in there? Just kidding, I had a Midget for a while and loved it, darn near bought another before I got my GT.
I have restored many MG's over the years and they are good cars but are not the quality of an opel gt. The last several years I have restored only Austin healey's and they are restored to the highest standard at a very high cost of parts and labour and I could not bear to hear stones bouncing off them. The panels are also fragile to maintain their fits due to design.The opel when restored are a smooth and reliable daily driver and beautiful in their simplicity of design. john van

·
Panel Beater
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought my GT from a car collector and it came down to a choice between a Triumph and the GT. I liked both but after I almost put my feet through the floorboard of the Triumph, I went with the GT.
I bought a 1971 silver Opel gt in 1972 with 4000 miles on it. At the time I was deciding between a new Triumgh gt6, Alpha gtv 2000 and the Opel.The gtv had similar performance and quality of build and smooth to drive but did not have opel's cool looks and balance. The triumph was hard on the road ,whiney and clunked in the rear diff but very cool. I chose the gt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts