Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been familiar with Opels but not involved and I’m looking to buy a 1900 Coupe or sedan (aka Ascona/Manta).
There’s fantastic content here although some is ten years old.
I was wondering if it was worth joining (paying) for the Opel Motorsports Club?

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,700 Posts
If you asked this question a month ago, I’d say yes, definitely. OMC currently puts out a magazine 4 times a year. The current editor is stepping down and if another editor isn’t found, the magazine will end. So the future of OMC is up in their air.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I am the current editor, and I would not join at this time. RIchard, our treasurer, has stopped sending out renewal notices. Wait and see what things are like at the end of the year.

If you do decide to join don't do so through the OpelClub web site. That site is not maintained and your application is likely to go nowhere. Instead, visit the satellite site I set up. You can get a few freebies there, and you can join.

Link: Opel Motorsport Club (Satellite Site)

Regardless of what happens to the club I still plan to create an online site where people can search an index, locate the issue they need, and download it. You'll still be able to order print copies from MagCloud, our printer. Fourteen years and 51 editions (most since late 2012) are available there. The cost from that site is still a lot less that printing at home or places like FedEx Office.

Link: https://www.magcloud.com/user/omc

I'll upload earlier editions when I get a chance.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts