Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a pair of GT seats. The don't have to be perfect by any means. Planning to reupholster any way. I need the rails for the seats too. I am too tall to sit in the corbeau seats that are in there now. I hit my head on the headliner. Please let me know what you have and the price and approximate shipping costs to 89406 (Fallon, Nevada)

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I am looking for a pair of GT seats. The don't have to be perfect by any means. Planning to reupholster any way. I need the rails for the seats too. I am too tall to sit in the corbeau seats that are in there now. I hit my head on the headliner. Please let me know what you have and the price and approximate shipping costs to 89406 (Fallon, Nevada)

Thanks,
Bob
Bob, How tall are the Corbeau seats and how do they mount? I have extra seats and rails. Just have to pull them out of one of my "other gts''. And what can we maybe work out on some type of trade/money? PM me some details. Thank you, Jarrell

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,277 Posts
I'm a little under 6', okay.....I'm 5'11", but I used to be "almost 6' ", but, then again, I suppose that EVERYONE, who isn't exactly 6', is "almost" 6'.

Ummm.......what were we talking about......?

Oh yeah, seats, yeah, I like Miata/MX5 seats. Great lumbar support, the backs narrow towards the top which makes the car seem more roomy and makes accessing the luggage area easier, great, love'm.

OH YEAH!.....Now I remember!.......I'm "almost 6' " and my head doesn't hit the roof in those seats!

:lmao:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,405 Posts
I'm a little under 6', okay.....I'm 5'11", but I used to be "almost 6' ", but, then again, I suppose that EVERYONE, who isn't exactly 6', is "almost" 6".

Ummm.......what was I talking about......?

Oh yeah, seats, yeah, I like Miata/MX5 seats. Great lumbar support, the backs narrow towards the top which makes the car seem more roomy and makes accessing the luggage area easier, great, love'm.

OH YEAH!.....Now I remember!.......I'm "almost 6' " and my head doesn't hit the roof in those seats!

Do the Miata seats leave the same distance between seat bottom and headliner, or do they shrink the gap somewhat?

For comparison, in my GT with the seat all the way back, the distance from the rearmost part of the seat base straight up to the headliner is @34 1/4".

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,277 Posts
I'll guess that the distance will be 1" shorter, like 33". I'll try to remember to take a measurement after work when I do a carb install. I do have pics and measurements of where your azz contacts the seat and how that compares to the height of the door sill, but I'm at work and can't get to them in my home pc until after work.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GT Seats

Bob, How tall are the Corbeau seats and how do they mount? I have extra seats and rails. Just have to pull them out of one of my "other gts''. And what can we maybe work out on some type of trade/money? PM me some details. Thank you, Jarrell

Jarrell: Just my luck, I am going to sell the Corbeau seats to a friend that is going to put them in a Jeep. I should have posted here first, but didn't. The Corbeau seats height is the issue for me, the headrest hits the headliner. I removed the headrests, now my head hits the headliner. Let me know what you have and we can go from there. Thanks.

Bob

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,277 Posts
Just taken pics. Here are my seats, standard cloth ones:

MIata seat measurements in the GTX (3).jpg

I measured straight up vertically from the crease at the lowest part of the seat....

MIata seat measurements in the GTX (1).jpg

....to the headliner.:

MIata seat measurements in the GTX (2).jpg

34". And that's with 3/4" of wood shims under the oem GT rails attached to Miata seat frame(I remove the very nice Miata slider rails because the ends don't conform to the GT and because I can't weld to change them). I install the shims to allow the seat to slide back and forth. The belly underneath the Miata seats extends down almost 2" below the rails and will hit the GT seat mount crossbars if you don't shim them upwards.

Measured another way, here's a pic measured from the carpet just to the inside of the door sill straight up. The crease I measured from is at the 2" mark:

MIata seat measurements in the GTX (4).jpg

:veryhappy

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
I have a nice set. One seat is already done with ogts vinyl replacement. Other seat still needs to be done. Frames are square and not twisted or rusted bad. I just have to find other vinyl replacement cover. If i find it

$650 shipped. Replacement vinyl is $400 alone.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Jarrell: Just my luck, I am going to sell the Corbeau seats to a friend that is going to put them in a Jeep. I should have posted here first, but didn't. The Corbeau seats height is the issue for me, the headrest hits the headliner. I removed the headrests, now my head hits the headliner. Let me know what you have and we can go from there. Thanks.

Bob
Oh well it was worth a try. Thanks, Jarrell

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I'm a little under 6', okay.....I'm 5'11", but I used to be "almost 6' ", but, then again, I suppose that EVERYONE, who isn't exactly 6', is "almost" 6'.
Ummm.......what were we talking about......?
Yeah, but A pain making the blocks to sit them on to bolt up to original Opel holes, Jarrell

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I have a nice set. One seat is already done with ogts vinyl replacement. Other seat still needs to be done. Frames are square and not twisted or rusted bad. I just have to find other vinyl replacement cover. If i find it

Thanks, but no offence, but a little out of my league. They are probably well worth it, but my wallet isn't. Thank you for the offer though, Jarrell

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Just taken pics. Here are my seats, standard cloth ones:

View attachment 383487

I measured straight up vertically from the crease at the lowest part of the seat....

View attachment 383489

....to the headliner.:

View attachment 383491

34". And that's with 3/4" of wood shims under the oem GT rails attached to Miata seat frame(I remove the very nice Miata slider rails because the ends don't conform to the GT and because I can't weld to change them). I install the shims to allow the seat to slide back and forth. The belly underneath the Miata seats extends down almost 2" below the rails and will hit the GT seat mount crossbars if you don't shim them upwards.

Measured another way, here's a pic measured from the carpet just to the inside of the door sill straight up. The crease I measured from is at the 2" mark:

View attachment 383493

:veryhappy
Thank you Gordo. I stuck a set in my Red Gt, and found out about the shims. I made mine out of Aluminium as per a thread some where here. I did get a set of cushy covers from Auto Zone many years ago and they provide some support in the brown Gt. Jarrell

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,277 Posts
I used 3/4" red oak wood blocks to shim mine.

Here's some pics I had stored on the site here:

The beige leather Miata seats I had in my Red Baron car. I'll be modding them to fit in my Wagon project:

This pic shows 2 Miata seats, the one on the left has the Miata sliders, the one on the right has the slider's removed:

This pic shows GT sliders attached to the Miata seat:

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

James, I am interested if the seats are black. Let me know, I sent you a private message yesterday.

Bob

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I used 3/4" red oak wood blocks to shim mine.

Here's some pics I had stored on the site here:

The beige leather Miata seats I had in my Red Baron car. I'll be modding them to fit in my Wagon project:

This pic shows 2 Miata seats, the one on the left has the Miata sliders, the one on the right has the slider's removed:

This pic shows GT sliders attached to the Miata seat:

The Miata seats are really the way to go. I like the pic of the ones with the Gt slide attached. A nice set, Jarrell

1 - 20 of 84 Posts