Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WA license B97581T. 1999 F350 turbo deisel taken right out of my driveway on Friday night Sat morning early. Lifted, flared, tinted, Excursion grill. Federal Way, WA area is really a slime pit of sorry individuals who have never learned to keep their hands off of things that don't belong to them. Local police state that they often find the trucks after they have been used for hauling or joyride and then abandoned.

Wheel Tire Car Plant Window

·
Super Moderator
14,289 Posts
Ugh. That sucks. Makes me glad I live in a remote area with a 1000’ long driveway, motion sensors and LED lights galore.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a 99 that was a great truck, two failed attempts to steal my truck. I’m still part of the 7.3 Diesel world fb group. I will share this on the page. 7.3 Powerstroke following is just as strong as us Opel guys, just A LOT more of them.

FWIW, many head south to Mexico.

Good luck

·
Opeler
3,151 Posts
Dec. 1999, my truck was stolen from the street. After one month, Insurance was ready to mail over paperwork to sign the pink slip. A day latter, local police impound yard telephoned that they found it, and within hours, I had vehicle towed to my property. I was able to list all items missing / damaged when insurance adjuster finalized my claim. Replaced missing battery, damaged trim, punched steering column, cracked dash, etc.

Sorry for your lost.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Ugh. That sucks. Makes me glad I live in a remote area with a 1000’ long driveway, motion sensors and LED lights galore.
Same here. 1000 ft 15% slope driveway on top of a hill, motion sensors, automatic floodlights and 18 cams are on the property.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
That's B.S. It should be legal to take people like this out back and deal with them instead of clogging up our courts , jails and tax payers money to deal with them.
I hope you get it back in one piece and it isn't used in a crime that has them/authorities keeping it for a year.
Ford trucks up to 2016 were/are the most stolen vehicles in the states.
after 2016 they made updates to the security/antitheft systems making them harder to steal

Reactions: Paul M

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,881 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Worked with Kent Police last night to recover my truck from S 248th and Military Rd. Out of diesel and left in the middle of the road. Interior completely trashed. Bombcan black paint on the rockers outside. Worst of all the motor is sick. I guess half a truck is better than no truck at all.

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
493 Posts
They painted the rocker panels black? Nothing sticks out like a sore thumb, like a poorly done spray.

Glad to hear you have the truck back.

·
Registered
The Young One
668 Posts
Worked with Kent Police last night to recover my truck from S 248th and Military Rd. Out of diesel and left in the middle of the road. Interior completely trashed. Bombcan black paint on the rockers outside. Worst of all the motor is sick. I guess half a truck is better than no truck at all.
What is wrong with the engine?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts