Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
radiator

hey does anyone know anywhere in washington state that i can get a radiatior, or is there a radiator that you can swap?? vw ect? i need one right away.. thanks

kyle

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
how bad is it? if its leaking and not plugged sometimes you can go buy a little heat gun and some solder/flux and actually fix the cores or tank. may not be cheaper than another radiator if you need the heat gun, but it'd be faster

i have 2 extra radiators, i'm in michigan, a little too far away to get it to you fast....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is pretty bad, the person i got the opel from tried to use jb weld, needless to say it didn't work.. well, i need to pick a new one up. do you know any radiators that will cross over?

kyle

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i dont know of any, possably the manta or ascona? even if they didnt wouldnt help you much as they seem to be more rare than the GT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well damn.... thanks though, hey are you interested in selling a radiatior?? I don't know what the shipping would be like or anything..

kyle

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
ya i'd sell one if you'd like it, 35 bucks plus shipping ok?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what year gt did they come out of, and they don't have any holes or anything?? i need to figure out shipping, so if you wanna give me your zip let me check it out..

kyle

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
one radiator i'm unsure of condition or year, other radiator i can guarantee to be good, i had it in a driving GT this summer, altho ic can't really speak for what year it comes from, altho i'm assuming it came out of one of the part cars i got, which was a 71

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Good Shops

Most good radiator shops are aware that people need their cars back on the road as quickly as possible and offer same-day or next-day service. Some even will remove the radiator, fix it and flush out the block then reinstall the rebuilt radiator - quick smart.

Get the Yellow Pages and ring around some shops in your area to see who can do the job.

If you do go that route then get a thicker core - "three row" or "four row" type replacement core - fitted. This gives more cooling, which the GT desperately requires. The "rows" refer to the number of up and down tubes that the radiator core has, counted from front to back.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Re: GT radiator

kyles1970gt said:
hey does anyone know anywhere in washington state that i can get a radiatior, or is there a radiator that you can swap?? vw ect? i need one right away.. thanks

kyle
There are only two P/Ns listed for the GT CIH radiator in my parts manual, one for manual transmissions and one for A/Ts. They differ only in the bottom tank, as the A/T unit has an ATF cooler built in with two fittings.

There's nothing to stop you from using an "A/T" radiator in a 4-speed car . . . have been using one in my HSC GT for about 5 years now with no problems, even in Texas summer heat.

:)

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
Check out a 320i about 83 or so, I was at a wrecking yard looking for a bigger radiator for my GT but had not luck most where gone or to far gone, I did see one (at least what was left of it) in a BMW that might work. But like Otto said all GT's are the same size along with the Kadett 1.5s or 1.9s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts