Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opeler
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supra Suspension

I am thinking of putting in the suspension form a 89 Supra into one of my GTs. Has anyone done this? If you have and you have information on what has to be do please let me know. And if you have any pictures that you be grate. I know that the Supra is wider then the GT, but I am planning to total customize this GT. I am also planning to put a full frame and a Buick V6 (turbo or super charged) and a 6 speed.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
If you plan on a Buick V-6, or any V-6 other than the 60 degree engines, you'll have to do a lot of cutting of sheetmetal. The V-6/T-5 mod I'm doing now has necessitated cutting the driver's footwell and the wiper well to get a GM 3.4 SFI V-6 in the engine compartment. As it is the exhaust will have to come from the rear to the front of the engine, then down and back. A wider engine will need to be placed off center to the passenger side of the car and may need to have substantial sheetmetal removed on both sides of the engine compartment. Just my $.02.

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.