Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Opel fan
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suselbeek question

Hello people! Has anyone gotten parts from Suselbeek. I've been checking them out and man they have just about everything you could possibley want, need for a GT. I am looking for some of the metal replacement panels they have for the rocker panels and wheel arches, floor pans, etc. for an early 69 GT i just got that is so rusted my first thought was parts car untill I found it's production date of 9-68. Their prices are listed as Euro dollars, I think that is what it was. Anybody know what that converts to as US dollars and does anybody have an idea of what it costs to ship 50-60 pounds of metal from there to US? Thanks.

·
Opeler
58 Posts
I did try to order something from them in June. They showed new Pinion and Ring gears and so I ordered about $500 worth of parts. I checked back with them two weeks later to see if they had shipped or were backordered. They had not shipped and could not give me any idea when they would be in.

About 5 weeks after I asked if they even thought they could get them and they replied "No sorry"

I could never seem to get anyone on the phone to talk to. It seems they only open a couple days a week and even during those hours they let the machine pick up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
A while back I was checking into the same thing. I am not 100% sure on the accuracy of this, but I've heard, and Opels Unlimited confirmed it, that Susselbeek imports body panels the are cut from junk GT's in the US and Opels Unlimited is one of their sources. So why not bypass the middle man and go direct? I'm not sure all of their body parts are imported, or if some are repro's, but you might try to look here in the States before shelling out a bunch of Euros.

Jason

·
333 Posts
I too tried to order something from them....Sorry it is not available. Oh well. Speaking of Opels Unlimited...have they changed in the last couple of years. I tried to buy some stuff from them, called and called left messages, then about a month later I get a call. And the person on the phone was about as customer friendly as a person that is working at the DMV with a hangover. Shame I wanted to spend some money with them.

·
587 Posts
I purchased some parts & collectable things from them a few years ago without any problems. I did the whole process via email. I also bought their printed catalog which has a price sheet & a better description of the parts. Shipping took about a month as I took the ground(boat) shipping instead of the more expensive air. Shipping charges were comparable to other companies.

The catalog tells if the parts are new, rebuilt or used. It is true some of the sheetmetal & other parts are from United States cars they have shipped over. But they also have some sheetmetal & other parts that are unavailable to us in the USA. Part of their catalog is in color & has some nice pictures in it.

Tom C

·
Opel fan
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Suselbeek

Well I was under the impression they were new panels, good idea to check local supplies (US) if they will be used. I did order the catalog 15$, even if I don't use them, their online parts catalog makes my mouth water!:D

·
Opel fan
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
suselbeek

I just got my Suselbeek catalog I ordered. Lord help me, I want it all! When I die, I want heaven to be a wharehouse full of all that stuff with a bunch of Opels to put it all in. I am overwhelmed, even if it isn't all available, as I've heard, it makes delicious eyecandy. :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.