Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I do to a 1973 Opel GT suspension wise? I plan on front and rear sway bars wider and better tires and Koni shocks. Is there anything else I can do to make my car handle? Be advised that I am a high school students with lots of time on his hands but a low budget. Any help would be appreciated.(woops I put this thread in the wrong place)

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
The other common bolt-ons would be stiffer shorter springs and bushings. When lowering the car the rear roll steer issues really should be fixed. Thankfully, this is mostly labor. It's also a good idea to fix the front bump/roll steer issues but this isn't quite as straight forward.

-Travis

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
468 Posts
"What should I do to a 1973 Opel GT suspension wise?"

I would start with Bushings, Ball joints and tie rod ends. I like the red poly bushings from OGTS. You can move on to Koni shocks, stiffer springs and sway bars as you budget allows.

·
Senior Contributor
903 Posts
As long as all the joints are tight and the boots are intact I wouldn't worry about the ball joints or tie rods. With the exception of the boots they are not affected by old age.

I should have mentioned before that before you do anything you need to get the brakes in order. At the very minimum, replace the rubber lines if they have not been replaced already. Also, a good set of shocks will go a long way toward improving the performance of any car. They will also help keep you upright if you ever decide to slap on some sticky tires and try some autocrossing.

-Travis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts