Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can manta or kadett sway bars fit on a gt? or somehow be custom fitted.

I'm in the process of replacing all the bushings and bearings on the suspension...i am hoping to replace some with some polyurethane energy suspension ones...that...sway bars, and a set of new front springs and shocks should be good...when it comes to the springs and shocks...any suggestions on brand, or company or something?

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
Have a look around this forum heading (I moved your thread to "Suspension and Steering") and see if your questions are answered.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well...i plan on buying the sway bars on ogts...but its too pricey right now. the reason why i'm asking if manta or kadett sway bars will work is so i have a temporary solution to the gt's bad handling, and get it at near half the price (by giong to scrap yards etc)

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
The Kadett wagon rear sway bay bolts right up to the GT body, but unless you have a rare GT that happened to come with the European differential housing, it won't have the required brackets. The Euro version GT came with a stock sway bar, as did all the Kadett wagons (I believe; I know that the '69 did for sure). So although you might find a Kadett sway bar (and one just sold last week on ebay), you will need to buy the brackets (available from OGTS, $60 for the pair) AND weld them on to the differential housing, which is a fair bit of work.

The ADDCO bars (www.addco.net) are easier to install, in that their brackets just bolt on to the spring support in the rear, and the A-arm in the front. I don't know current pricing, but they can't be much more than the $150 per end that OGTS charges.

For more on the Kadett sway bar, see:

http://www.opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=834

HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts