Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang:
I've been slacking here, so how about an October 11th "Opels Across America" get-together ? I would be willing to host - I'm in Hatboro, PA (Philly area) - convenient to the PA Turnpike Willow Grove exit. Nice busy corner property to show the world what classy cars look like ;)

Let me know what you think - everyone could bring something
to share.

Rick Gradwell

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
I'll check my schedule. I'm only 35 minutes from the Willow Grove Exit. I was in the Maple Glen Car Show/block party this past Saturday.

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
Sorry;

I have a wedding in NJ this weekend. I won't be able to make it.

·
What's a Nopel?
352 Posts
Rick,
I may be able to make it. As luck will have it, I need to be in West Chester, PA on the 11th for an 8PM hockey game. (My son is the starting goalie for WCU!)

If my geography is correct, that's about a half hour from Hatboro.

I won't have my GT, but I'll bring some pictures (and some food!)with me.

Let me know if we're a go.
Thanks,
Marc

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Rick,

I'll be there with the Manta and Kadett. Let me know what you would like me to bring. Thanks!

Duane

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies that have been posted so far. If you know someone who owns an Opel, but isn't on one of the lists, please pass the word.
Also, you don't need to have a running Opel to attend - just come on out and talk Opels !

I'll be working on a food list and head count, so let me know how many will be attending.

THANKS

Rick

·
Registered
1 Posts
if anyone is invited im in..... im in reading pa and i have a 70 gt that was posted on here for sale on ebay, i won it and picked it up in ohio. ITS JUNK!! VERY BADLY REPRESENTED, ITS A ROTTEN PIECE OF SH-T THE FLOORS DONT EXSIST NOR THE INNER ROCKERS. im a painter /bodyman and even i wouldnt fix this car. i paid close to three grand for it .i hope the liar/seller gets whats coming to him. what goes around comes around. and if your resading this joe (swindler) thanks a hole f'in lot.

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
..... and now back to our regularly scheduled program :)

Hey Group:
We are on for October 11th - after repeated drownings at Carlisle we have to catch a break, right ?:D I figure it will run from 10:30 or 11:00 until about 5:00pm - I have to shoot down to see my daughter in Delaware County before 7:30, when she will be leaving for her Homecoming Dance, and then deliver my son for hockey practice at 9:15 pm.

All Opels get preferred parking out front ! ;)

How about a final count ? I will supply the doggies, burgers, and buns. If everyone else will bring chips, sodas, deserts, etc., we should be good to go.

Please post with your head count so I can do some of the preliminary shopping this weekend.

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting some fellow Opelers !
Rick Gradwell

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Rick,

Put me in for four people. I'll email you off list to discus food items.

Thanks,
Duane

1 - 11 of 11 Posts