Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all you Tri State Opel Owners. Does anyone have any interest in a summer get together? If so, please let me know and start throwing some ideas out there. We could just do something casual for now if it's easier for everyone and do a more involved meet in the Fall when the Summer rat race calms down. Let's hear some suggestions.
I would like to host an event in the Fall sometime and do another cruise through Central and Upper Bucks County combined with a cook out and gathering of Opel friends. I really enjoy getting everyone together and realize that summer is a bit hectic for everybody, so I figured we could start planning early so we can all agree on a weekend. I am pretty flexible but was thinking late September to mid October would be good for the Fall meet as the leaves will be in full color. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Duane

·
Super Moderator
14,065 Posts
If I can get an Opel together by then I'm in for a road trip Duane.

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
Duane;

I was thinking of getogether in Mid Sept. at a local park, like Green Lane or Peace Valley. What do you think?

Jeff

·
587 Posts
Duane,

I can make an Opel meet in Sept. I'll be at the Rt 66 event Sept.30-Oct.2 When I get back from that, I get to visit the hospital again for more surgery. :( I was able to put it off till then so I could get to do some car stuff this summer. :D

Tom C

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,142 Posts
Sounding good already .......

Hi Folks:
Any weekend in September will work for me with the exception of the 23rd & 24th. That is Alyson's birthday weekend. It will be great to see everyone together again, as well as getting Tom, Todd and Bob and others from a distance to attend.
We'll have to schedule an Opels Across America weekend get-together also !

Rick

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess we could do something in mid Sept. and another in October. I was thinking of doing the summer meet around the end of August so there would be a little more time between a summer and fall meet. However, if mid Sept. works for everyone, that's what we'll do. If you want to meet at a park and have any kind of cook out you will need to reserve one of the pavillions. Otherwise, we could just meet there and hang out. So far it sounds like we have interest from Rick, Todd, Tom, Jeff, Adam and myself. Based on Bob's comment about time to get a car together I'm guessing he would probably make a fall meet instead of a summer meet. Please correct me if I'm wrong Bob. We haven't heard from our N.J. friends yet...............???
Another questions is, would everyone rather just do one well organized meet instead of two? I would really like to have at least one good meet with a good turn out. I think it would be easier for all involved if we wait until school starts and vacations are over and things return to normal. Also, the weather would be much more pleasant. I know Bob (and myself) just can't stand the heat and humidity that we've been having. Standing around a grill and driving Opels without A/C will just make it worse. I could create a poll but it seems most of them get a poor response. So, here are the questions:
1. One meet or two?
2. Sept or Oct?
3. Cook out or no cook out?
4. Cruise or no cruise?
Let's get something planned and have a fun event! It's much more like a real club if we actually get together and enjoy our cars and eachother rather than just posting stuff on the net.

Duane

·
329 Posts
meet

I will try to be at any meet that the club arranges. HOWEVER ,I just started a new job at work as a welding supervisor and this will require a lot of weekend work. Fortunately I will able to buy a lot more OPEL stuff. Arrange it and I/WE will try to be there.Charlton

·
Super Moderator
14,065 Posts
MantAscona said:
Based on Bob's comment about time to get a car together I'm guessing he would probably make a fall meet instead of a summer meet.
You got that right! I have nothing even close to running right now, and if I drive up in an Opel it technically won't even be one of my own cars.
1. One meet or two?
I personally would only be considering attending one meet.
2. Sept or Oct?
Either is fine with me. Nothing like a cool crisp fall drive though.
Hmmm, Blitz burgers....
4. Cruise or no cruise?
Definitely gotta cruise!

Bob

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Who said anything about enjoying each other's company
Rick
Just for that we'll be having it on the 23rd & 24th! :D

So it sounds like the last weekend in September and the first weekend in October are out. I agree with Bob that the weather (and scenery) would be better in October for a cruise. Only problem is that Tom won't be able to make it in October :( . Here's my suggestion. Let's have an informal gathering on the weekend of Sept. 17, 18 so Tom can attend an event and have a big event on the weekend of Oct. 15, 16 to take advantage of the weather and scenery. I will host the Oct. event and will plan a cook out, cruise and anything else people are interested in (that means ideas please). We can either do another covered bridge tour, since everyone seemed to enjoy that, or something different. I am willing to host the Sept. event also unless someone else wants the honors. Please let me know what you all think about the selected dates. Bob, do you think you will have something running by mid October? I believe we can all settle on a couple of weekends that will work for everyone. Let's have good attendance at both events!

Duane

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
I wouldn't mind hosting the Sept. get together. How's Green Lane Park Sound? Nice lake, Parking is right next to picnic area. I don't know if this is an issue, but Green Lane is dry, meaning no alcohol since it is a county park.
What do ya think? After we eat, I know of a little ice cream place right in Green lane.

Jeff

·
What's a Nopel?
352 Posts
MantAscona said:
We haven't heard from our N.J. friends yet...............???

1. One meet or two?
2. Sept or Oct?
4. Cruise or no cruise?
Duane
You have friends in Joisey?... I'm from Joisey!

And to answer the above:
1) Two
2) Both (If there's no hockey games, I'll be at both) If it's late enough in October maybe I'll be lucky enough to bring an Opel Derivative!
3) Cook Out
4) Cruise

Talk to you all soon.
Marc

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
MantAscona said:
I will host the Oct. event and will plan a cook out, cruise and anything else people are interested in (that means ideas please).
How about welding lessons from Bob? :D
(Just Kiddin')
Todd K.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.