Opel GT Forum banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
And a few more from our cruise and a quick gas stop.

Attachments

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
I just wanted to chime in and give our hosts a great THANK YOU!! Getting together with old faces and meeting new ones is always great. The food, what can I say, Fresh Hot Roast Beef with lots of horseradish and the famous pasta salad can't be beat.:) The ride was great, even when "bambi" tried to tempt fate with Duane. There were a few more bambi's on the way home. Thank you again!!

Thanks for everyone asking about Shawn, he was feeling better by Sunday and we got to go on a Church Sponsered scavanger hunt in the woods. Mom loved it when we brought home a partial bird skeleton we found.

Jeff

·
bobaboueyite
43 Posts
Hey yall,

I had a blast at the party. Wow, Duane, thats a garage. Bob, great to meet you. Jeff, thanks for letting me follow you down to the party. Everyone else, I am glad to have met all of you.

BTW the wife let me off the hook driving back down to new hope, I only got stuck going to olive garden and "bloodbath and beyond"

Dave

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
opelgtguy said:
Thanks - that hug at the end was special for me too ;)

Rick
Dang! I missed that. Any Photos??:p

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Glad you had a good time Dave. Hope to see you at the next meet with your car. Keep watching the site to hear about the next one and don't forget about Carlisle in May.

Duane

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Good to hear you made it home ok Bob. I was getting a little worried. I called Gregg's cell phone at about 3:30 to see how you guys were making out and left a voice mail. I never heard back so I was hoping everything was alright. I figured you both had a mouthful of roast beef sandwiches and couldn't talk. I really appreciate you guys coming down and adding to the fun. The photos you posted look great. I really like the ones that you snapped at the crest of the hill at Van Sant airport. The one out the back window is pretty cool too. Hope you enjoyed the ride.

Duane

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Some great shots there too. I like the over the hood shot from your car. Thanks for pointing them out.

Duane

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,141 Posts
MantAscona said:
Some great shots there too. I like the over the hood shot from your car. Thanks for pointing them out.

Duane
Yeah, thanks. :cool: That was easy to shoot, too - one hand to steer, one hand to shift, one hand to hold the camera, and one hand to trip the shutter.
Wait a minute ....... I was by myself, wasn't I :confused:

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
We don't want to know what the other hand was doing......... How many hands do you have anyway?

Duane

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
I was wondering which "hand" was steering or shifting or activating the headlights :p

I've got more pictures but they are on film, which is still in the camera(Both events). I may have them ready by Christmas:(

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
That's the beauty of digital cameras...... immediate gratification!

Duane

·
587 Posts
I really would have liked to have made the event. Just haven't been feeling well lately. I enjoyed loking at the pics.

My friend Joe, he usually comes to Carlisle with me, was coming home from vacation in Cape May Saturday night with his family. He called me Sunday to say they passed a truck with a white Manta on a trailer. He figured I'd probablly know who it was. I told him about the Opel event & that it was Todd driving back to Pgh.

My next surgery isn't till Oct 31 & hope it takes care of it all. I'm looking forward to next year being a better Opeling year for me. The GT & mach 1 pretty much stayed garaged all year.

~ Tom

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,141 Posts
Mach1Tom said:
I really would have liked to have made the event. ~ Tom
Hey Tom:
We all would have liked it if you'd been able to make it too :(
Take care, buddy - we'll see you all over the place next season :D
Rick

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Pretty cool that Joe saw me on Saturday Tom!
It just wasn't the same without you...next year we'll have to caravan out together.

Todd

161 - 175 of 175 Posts