Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing that the Getrag is getting harder to get.
Maybe we'll need to add all the knowledge in one spot for the T5 trans.

·
Super Moderator
9,740 Posts
It's not that the getrag is hard to get, it's just hard to ship....

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If I break a trans part on friday night I can't wait 6 months too get a replacement. Even with the BMW gearset.
So far the biggest problem is the adapter crossing over the center line of the pivot bolt.
First gear looks good with a ratio of 3.76 close to the stock ratio of 3.428. Final 12.934
Second is close also 2.156-2.180 Final 7.499
The other need is a lower third gear. This is all with the 3.44 rearend which is another problem all together.

RPO codes normally located in the glove box (truck)
ML2 4.03 1st. gear
ML3 3.76 1st. gear

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I've got an excel spreadsheet from a guy that's was with BW for years, and he sent the spreadsheet for T-5 specs, ie., part numbers, gear ratios and what they were used in. BTW a 92 S-10 T-5 is not a "World Class" tranny but the 93 is. Same size, same specs, same ratios, Go figure. I loaded the spreadsheet in the "General Tech Files" under "Non-Opel Technical" section of the download area, so if you have Excel you can download and view it. There is also a website I ran across that shows how to swap out the tail shaft from one style T-5 to another, I'll have to research it again and post the link to it here. Here's the link to the website to swap the tailshaft housing from one T-5 to another:
http://www.inliners.org/Jack/T5tech.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts