Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Gathering Of Opel's--Tacoma, Wa.

The annual Gathering of Opels 2008, Tacoma, Wa. Will be held this year
on Saturday July 19, 2008. More informatiion later, keep up with this site.
MAWANDPAWOPEL (Walter and Mary) Opel-John (John)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cant Wait!

Just Marked The Calendar Cant Wait to see all of you there! looks like i better get my winter projects started....................

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The annual Gathering of Opels 2008, Tacoma, Wa. Will be held this year
on Saturday July 19, 2008. More informatiion later, keep up with this site.
MAWANDPAWOPEL (Walter and Mary) Opel-John (John)
hope to make it again.Have you ever arranged a get together afterwards like a pub or dinner.Just a thought .Dale & Zoe from the great white north

203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tacoma's 2008 Gathering of Opels

Hello Dale and Zoe, We are just in the planning stage of our Gathering. But, yes we would like to have a get-together before the show this year. Does anyone out there have any ideas? At this point we are open to suggestions.
How about some feed back? Oh Yes, John B. Is doing great after his heart Surgery, should be back in full swing before too long. Let's all pool our thoughts for a good show this year. Hope to hear from all in the Great Pacific
North West.....Paul how about you in Arizona?? Gil and Dennis? Opel Jim??
Anyone one else in Canada besides Dale and Zoe? The local folks...Cruz, Ron,
Duaneb? Slartybarfast? OLDGUY, Come on Let's hear if for the Opel's...
MawandPawOpel
Opel-John
Cruz
Paul Kaman

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,574 Posts
Have you guys followed the National Meet thread..?

There is a lot of interest by the Opel community to have the 2009 Tacoma Meet be the National Meet.

The issue is if anyone there is willing to help put it on.

I can help with throphys and such, but help there organizing the Friday get togethers, Saturday dinner, and hotel, etc.. being I am in Virginia I cant help a lot with.

Charles

·
Registered
52 Posts
Glad to hear that john is doing well!
I Look forward to being there!
( just gotta finnish my winter....... now spring projects)

203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tacoma 2009?????

Have you guys followed the National Meet thread..?

There is a lot of interest by the Opel community to have the 2009 Tacoma Meet be the National Meet.

The issue is if anyone there is willing to help put it on.

I can help with throphys and such, but help there organizing the Friday get togethers, Saturday dinner, and hotel, etc.. being I am in Virginia I cant help a lot with.

Charles
SCREAM!!!!!! No we haven't been keeping up with the National's thread. But that is something we will have to discuss with all who "MAY" be involved....Any ideas from our group? HELP!!!!!!! Once again, we are open for discussion. Please. Thanks. Mary

203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tacoma 2009??

SCREAM!!!!!! No we haven't been keeping up with the National's thread. But that is something we will have to discuss with all who "MAY" be involved....Any ideas from our group? HELP!!!!!!! Once again, we are open for discussion. Please. Thanks. Mary
We are not getting feed back on this...Help from out there please.
MawandPawOpel
Opel-John
Cruz
Paul Kaman

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have not read the "National Meet thread" yet.....
I'll post back as soon as i do with my thoughts....
Cruz

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Mary
If you can give me a call or send me an email let me know on your thoughts..... I would be willing to help....... just trying to figure out where.... the puyallup fair grounds?

·
Super Moderator
6,035 Posts
Tacoma for the 2009 Opel Nationals

We are not getting feed back on this...Help from out there please.
MawandPawOpel
Opel-John
Cruz
Paul Kaman
Tacoma for the 2009 Opel Nationals
That would have my vote. We had a lovely time in Tacoma when Myrna and I went back in 2004. It's a drivable distance for Western Canadians, and of course a prominent Montana Opeler or two. The year we went, Gil and Dennis came up from CA, as did Todd Martin. Lets see, Paul Heebink was there, and a few others I am missing, probably as a result of a few too many bottles of red wine at the dinner we went to after the show. It wasn't as big a show as the OMC Picnic, but there were lots of Opels and we felt very welcome. We can't come in 2008 (too many expensive things on our list, including a wedding for our oldest daughter), but perhaps we could make it in 2009. Heck, I might even have an Opel or two ready to drive by then :banghead:

·
1,831 Posts
09 Nats

If you decide to take on the 09 National meet here's a few things to consider. First will it be a stand alone Opel Event like the OMC picnic and your present event or do you work with a larger event such as Carlisle or the Route 66 Mother Road Fest. So far the Nationals have been a least a two day event. You can look back at last years event to see what was talked about on the thread. You need a place and date, you need to set up a hotel for those coming, you will need awards and maybe event t-shirts. Setting it all up takes some time on someones part. There is a cost for awards if they are not provided by a larger event. You may need to put a deposit on a place for dinner and maybe for a meeting room at hotel. You can charge a little extra for event t-shirts to make up some costs but to be honest that has never been the case for me. I figured the 07 meet didn't cost me any more than going to a big meet elsewhere so i was okay with it. Any questions send me a PM.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,574 Posts
Same here.. need any ideas, etc.. let me know.

Overall it wont be any different than your normal show. With a few exceptions..

1) T-shirts (Unless you already do them.. ) seem to be highly requested, but are optional. If you pre-order here that tends to help get an idea on numbers. Lots of graphic people among us all to help with the designs.

2) Have to find a hotel that is wanting us to come and willing to give/rent us a gathering space for Friday night and Saturday night.

3) Traditionally an offical dinner has been planned for Saturday night, so that would have to be arranged. Someplace that can hold about 100 or so.

4) Friday dinner has been "offical" but more like a "we are all going to XYZ, want to come.. " this is again usually someplace that can hold 100 at a time without prior notice (buffett, big diner, etc.. ) or a local watering hole that has been forewarned..

As for what to do for lunch at the show on Saturday, since you have it at a Diner.. that kind of eleveates that whole problem.

The only other thing are the awards, we are coming up with a "standard" for judging, forms, etc.. and as for who pays for the awards, at Carlilse I do it and get paid back by what I make on the T-shirts.. (Usually)... at Rt 66, the event picked up the cost for some of them and I think at the Charlotte show this year the speedway is also picking up the awards or at least some of them.

Hope that helps..

·
5 Car garage
42 Posts
I'll be down to the 2008 Tacoma show although my Opel is far from being driveable. I look forward to seeing everyone again this year. I'll be the guy in the white Tilley Hat.....Mary remembers my hat.

Steve B
Victoria, BC

203 Posts
Tacoma's 2008 Gathering of Opels

I'll be down to the 2008 Tacoma show although my Opel is far from being driveable. I look forward to seeing everyone again this year. I'll be the guy in the white Tilley Hat.....Mary remembers my hat.

Steve B
Victoria, BC
O.K. O.K. I give up, What the heck is a Tilley hat??:banghead:

MAWOPEL

·
5 Car garage
42 Posts

Steve B
Victoria, BC
O.K. O.K. I give up, What the heck is a Tilley hat??:banghead:

MAWOPEL
This photo should jog your memory. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Maw and Paw...
welcome home!

·
2,054 Posts
Still planning on being there this year and have already told my boss I'll be on vacation at that time.

My brother (who traveled to 2007 Opel National in Illinois with me) has flat-out refused to ever get back in the GT for any trip over 4 hours.

I might just meander up from the Bay Area and camp along the coast and in the redwood groves.

·
531 Posts
I will try my darnest to be there for the 2008 Tacoma show, but I have to get the car running right and all the kinks worked out.

Are there any details (location, recommended hotels) or did I just miss 'em?

Looking forward to it!

jtb

1 - 20 of 94 Posts