Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts

·
'NO,......O P E L..G T!'
585 Posts
Having had a look in my GT Bible, 'Projekt 1484' I can confirm that for most years the indicators should be on the outside, stop lights on the inside. However for '72' only there are some images with GT's showing a reversal of this.

Hope this helps.

BTW.....like the LED's idea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
blue dots

Rick,
Blue dots were custom accesories very popular in the '50's and 60's, and continue today as an interesting custom trend, especially on vintage and collector vehicles, as well as Harleys...
they turn purple beause of the red beneath the blue.. the originals were jewelled glass, but many today are plastic...

Hope that was of some help...

Ben:)

·
398 Posts
There again, you might want to check with the local laws. (Darn those lawmakers!)

I know in some areas of the US, the blue dots are illegal, since they change the color of the tail light so much..

That said; You can find them at various auto parts stores like CarQuest, Parts American and so on. The ones I've seen, require drilling a hole in the lense to insert the "jewel."

·
184 Posts
Not to divert the thread but the louvers are an old (not current) item that was made by AutoPlas. I picked thm up on eBay last year.

·
398 Posts
Jimsky,

I'm actually looking into adding the LED lights, similar to yours, to the wing on the tail of my car. (It's a LENK from OGTS)

I'm still working on the wire routing and how to best fit the light into the fiberglass wing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here's two cents....
The photo of mine new 1969 GT, shows the yellows to the outside. For what that's worth.

Die Cast GT? Who makes that? Right now, that may be as close as I can get to becoming a GT owner AGAIN. :D

Oh, and the "third break light" system. Great idea!

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
yes, blue dots are illegal and i know it. they dont normally give you a hard time about them unless you're being dumb and put them in a riceburner or grandmas taurus.

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
dan 101

Opelg GT Source has a wide selection of Model GTs. From the plastic type you glue together to the match box size to one that is almost a foot long with operating headlights, doors, hood and steering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks guys-blue dots

hey it really works ! this computer thing that is. i am pretty much a novice and this is the first chat (forum-chat rm ?) iv'e ever been to !!!
ben-jr'd frog vette -thanks for the replys

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
If anyone is interested, I bought a case(6) of the AMT re-release of the 1/24 GT. If someone needs one, I'll sell a couple.
Gene

21 - 33 of 33 Posts