Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i recently purchased 2 GT's both have black interiors but one has a set of tan seats in it that look great, a little research said light tan interiors are somewhat rare, replacement seat covers only seem to be available in black. can someone out there more experienced than me give me an estimated value on factory tan seats. I can post a photo but i need to get them out of the car and want to move it first so they don't get damaged.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,725 Posts
They're 50 year old seats. Even if the seat upholstery seems okay after X number of years having never been sat in, it might start to fall apart when used regularly. Also, the condition and functionality of the seat latch is of far more importance. After all theses years, many of them are shot. The seat upholstery could be removed, it's just hooked and zipped in place, so you could just strip the upholstery off for resale if the latches are shot. The bottom line is: Don't plan on sending your kids to college selling them. Miata seats are much more comfortable also. Shipping seats would cost almost as much, if not more, than the $100-$200 they might be worth. Just my humble opinion.

:veryhappy

·
Can Opeler
3,699 Posts
Splendid parts sells light tan seat upholstery. And I figure OGTS does too.

I’d say $50-$100 for the pair if there is someone local that wants them. Cost of shipping only otherwise.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,725 Posts
Still, tan seats are pretty rare. Maybe someone here or on the Facebook Opel groups would want the covers.

Strip off the seat slider rails if you are going to to toss the seats, they can come in useful if your other seat's rails are bad or if you install a different kind of seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts