Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it's Sunday and I can't call OGTS.....Does anyone know if OGTS sells a larger line that comes out of the tank fitting? Am I worrying for nothing that the stock line might be too small for a modified engine's fuel needs? I did change the fuel line all the way to the engine with a larger one (3/8") a few years back but never thought about the tank until a racer friend looked under my car at a autoX and commented on how small it was.
Jc

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Well, here's my take on the standard size fuel line. It's pretty close to a #6 (3/8") line, O.K. the OGTS replacement line is a 1/4" ID, but for the very short run of the line, I feel it doesn't pose a problem for me. Venturi effect will just speed up the flow of gas through that short section of line to the 3/8" line. I have a electric feeder pump at the gas tank to pump 45 GPH to a .5 gallon surge tank that will feed a 70 psi high pressure pump to my fuel rail. One thing I did was remove the sock filter in the tank completely, so I'll have gravity free flow to the filter and feeder pump. JMTCW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts