Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my 1970 GT!
The car is pretty much a total restoration wiring harness is shot (all of its color coded corrosion green), the interior is trashed and sun baked, the motor is up for a rebuild depending on the fi intake I can find ( future project) I am going to start with the body, it just has surface rust but it has a couple layers of paint and its starting to crack. So since I am tearing down the car for a bolt by bolt rebuild I thought it may be the opportune time to strengthen the body and chassis for a future targa conversion. I have read the horror story's (any news yxy?) and that sent me on a whirlwind tour of the internet searching for unibody convertible conversions. I have seen all of the posts here but most of them are a few years old without follow ups. I was hoping someone documented their process somewhere? I think I have the right ideas, I just would like to compare against successful builds. Also the engine has a Frantz oil cleaner (?) did a quick google, and found that its supposed to reduce the oil changes with toilet paper, anyone have any experience with these things?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,I have seen OGTS's kit, I wont be getting the Kit or making the full conversion untill sometime in the future. I wanted to add in the structural support now, while I have the car torn to pieces rather than later when there is new paint, interior etc..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.