Opel GT Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Wondering if a posi( lsd) was available In the 68 kadett? Noticed my car dug two little ruts in the alley instead of just one when I took off aggressively.
Yes, there was a ZF 004 series LSD as an option, but those are rare today and sought after by the historic racing guys. The Kadett B and GT had its own type of LSD because of the C-clip axles so the common type ZF 004 LSD can't be used, there is no possibility to insert the clips.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can't add anything but can reminisce about those days. I had a '67 Kadette L and a '69 Kadette LS, the 67 with my son in the picture, (now 52) had a sowing machine (lol) for a engine (54HP) and on the highway would get 41 or so MPG on 30 cents a gallon regular. The '69 LS had a 1.1 with the two one barrels. Don't mean to mess up the thread but the flashback got the best of me.

Attachments

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
3,902 Posts
I can't add anything but can reminisce about those days. I had a '67 Kadette L and a '69 Kadette LS, the 67 with my son in the picture, (now 52) had a sowing machine (lol) for a engine (54HP) and on the highway would get 41 or so MPG on 30 cents a gallon regular. The '69 LS had a 1.1 with the two one barrels. Don't mean to mess up the thread but the flashback got the best of me.
Sorry if I just can't keep my mouth shut when I see something like that. You didn't have any Kadette. Never did. You might have had a Kadett.

To the general public: Is it really that complicated? If it is a complicated word and you don't know how to spell it, look it up for Christ's sake!
(End of morning rant)

Dieter

·
Opel Key Master
4,832 Posts
Young Olds, my question would be what year do you have? How about some pictures for once. You state you have a front light, and adjustable seats. But only a 70 model would have been equipped with those. A 68 had reflectors, and non adjustable seats.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
It has reflector, not side marker lights. I was told it is a 68 and the registration shows it has been registered as a 68 as far back as 79. No locking column which was required starting in 69. It does have reclining seats and appears to be all original. I will try to get decent pictures after work today.

Here is one picture for now.

·
Opel Key Master
4,832 Posts
Okay, the seats are interesting, and this is not the first time I have seen this. In most cases 66-69 seats did not have an adjuster on the side, and the whole seat lifted forward. There was an LS on Facebook, I don’t think this is it, but it also had the adjusters on the seats like that and looked like they were off of a GT. This may have been only available on the LS model. But this is only the second example I have seen like this. I will do some parts book searches for some info. Also you have the rare trim on the rear surrounding the license plate. I have this trim NOS but it was only available for a 68 LS

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
These seats unlatch and lift/tilt forward as the stocks ones in my manta did as well as recline. Do you mean the molding that spans between the tail lights?

·
Registered
503 Posts
In Europe the aluminium trim between the taillights was only available in the Olympia A, not in the Kadett B, and it was copied from the Commodore A that got a similar trim a year earlier when it was introduced.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Makes sense since this car is technically an Olympia a. I wonder why they badges then as kadett in the us?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I’m glad, I like the Olympia better. Not that I’d refuse a stripped down kadett b.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts