Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temp Gauge connector

Can anyone tell me the location of temp gauge connector on the motor?
It is dead in the dash and I have this extra flat connector in the engine compartment. My manual does not show location. I am coming up to Carlisle on Sunday AM for the first time (2 hour drive) and need to know my temp. Will there still be Opel folks there on Sunday? If this is not the right forum, I apologize.
thanks
Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh...

That would explain the extra wire after replacing the carb with the webber. I will have to check if the webber has a temperature sending unit for attachment. Thanks for the quick reply!

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
its not on the carb its on the thermostat housing forward of the inlet manifold , the one on the old carb would be for an electrically heated choke ,

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
my71GTEEE said:
That would explain the extra wire after replacing the carb with the webber. I will have to check if the webber has a temperature sending unit for attachment.
Check and make sure the wire isn't hot when you turn the key on, (hooked to the ignition side). You'll fry something.
The wire for the thermostat sending unit should run around the top of the valve cover in a heavy cover and be a female spade connection. This is what it should hook to. Ebay Item number: 7971075061
If that isn't the wire, it was wired up for an electric choke for the Weber carb and will go hot when you turn the key on. (+12 volts).
If you should need some parts, I'm a few hrs below you off U.S. 29. Drop me a line.
Welcome to the wonderful and sometimes frustrating world of Opels. :D Jarrell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts