Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Comments from Chat Room users needed!

Mod Edit: 7/4/05 - Just got the renewal bill for the existing chat room program and need to decide if we are keeping it.

Judging from the lack of comments and activity, the test program below does not compare to the existing one.

Chat users please add your comments below!

+++++
We are testing out a new chat program. It's an add-on to the forum program and runs off our server. Messages in the default room are held for 24 hours. Sub rooms can be created and their messages will be removed after 1 hour of inactivity. "Who is chatting" can be viewed at the bottom of the forum index page. If the regular chatters like it, I'll add it to the home page and put a link in the navagation bar. If not, we can keep the old. Check it out here: http://opelgt.com/forums/vBChat.php?

Add your comments below.

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
I like it, but I liked having the sound effects in the other one too though.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Gary,
I was in there for a some time. When I tried to type a long sentence I had to put my cursor back on the reply area, three or four times. It was a little distracting. I like the old one better than this one.

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got the renewal bill for the existing chat room program and need to decide if we are keeping it or going with another program.

Judging from the lack of comments and activity, the test program added a few weeks back does not compare to the existing one.

Chat users: Have there been any major problems with the existing one? Should I look for another? Please add your comments below!

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Just a few observations, the new one has a few less features that are easy to get used too. The speed and continual reload are not much fun. It only shows who logged in, not logged out. I suspect that has an issue of it's speed VS bandwidth, like it's storing everybody that was logged on for a period of time.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
To be real honest, Gary, I was in once or twice and just went back to the old one. The continual refresh of the page was a bit disconcerting. I think it's us that use the old chat are just use to it. So my opinion is keep the old one.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
namba209 said:
To be real honest, Gary, I was in once or twice and just went back to the old one. The continual refresh of the page was a bit disconcerting. I think it's us that use the old chat are just use to it. So my opinion is keep the old one.
I will second this. The old one works well.

The old story....If it an't broke don't fix it!!

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
benncojr said:
I will second this. The old one works well.

The old story....If it an't broke don't fix it!!
Just looking to see if there was a better one before we commit to another year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.