Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I'd start by getting them looked at by somebody that lives nearby and knows Opels well. A certain member that lives within maybe 25 miles of them springs to mind. Otto are your ears burning yet? Mapquest says 16 miles from Plano to Dallas. Store them with Rodneys till you can arrange something maybe. HTH

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
baronbors said:
73- factory air? Texas? HUMMMM?? Wife would kill me!! :cool:
Mine would KILL me too if I bought them, with 20 sitting around, but storing them would not be a problem. Otto would have to go check em out or David, or Ron as I am getting set to head to CA.
rk

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
cheap shipping

As an added incentive, for anyone considering these, I am already committed to a Texas trip in the next 6 weeks or so to fetch a new Opel of my own. I could easily enough take the two-opel trailer and fetch one of these for cheap shipping pretty much anywhere in OK, KS, NE, MO, IA, IL, IN, OH, WI, MN, SD, ND, or maybe slightly further east. For the states listed you could even figure out what I'd be looking to charge by Mapquesting from where the cars are to your door in miles and dividing by 10 to equate to Dollars and add $50. This would cover most of my gas one-way, which is only fair, and the $50 is for my time. (For those of you bad at math, 1000 miles means $150 or so.) You won't find a cheaper rate anywhere, and I'm sure I could get you a reference or two. :rolleyes:

I do what I can to facilitate these Opel group buys.

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
I have done the same, in fact a pair of fenders are going to California, shipping charges and cost , lets see that was $50 for the time and .10 a mile plus cost of fenders, 1,200 mile give or take a couple of hundred, yep that will work, $1.50, The Ascona Wagon is not to bad, and you can always stop in and haul a few from here, or at least stop by for a beer,or some more parts. :D
rk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts