Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this originally under a poll, but thought it more aptly listed here as well.

Didn't even know what an Opel was until I went to college back in 1989. Then I saw one (a blue steel) GT in Ft. Davis, TX @ a Veterinarian's office...That's how much of an impression it made upon myself.

I didn't own one until 2 weeks ago. After, my other car (Mitsu-Galant) was stolen, and later found destroyed. I was irritated. I owed more than the value of the car, and now I would have to buy aother new car.

Then I thought, "Why don't I just get a used car?" So I began looking, and was not impressed at what I saw.

So then I thought, "Why not look for a classic car?" So I made a list of all the cars I remember as really cool (Opel, Fiat, Triumph, VW...), and began researching.

For upgrades, looks, coupled with regard for driving enjoyment, AND the online support, like this website, the Opel stood unmatched.

I have learned more here in a month than I could have thought possible...and the cars look kick-ass!

My sincerest, "Thank you," for all your support.

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Scott McDonald said:
...... For upgrades, looks, coupled with regard for driving enjoyment, AND the online support, like this website, the Opel stood unmatched.

I have learned more here in a month than I could have thought possible...and the cars look kick-ass!

My sincerest, "Thank you," for all your support.
Cool! It's posts like this that make it all worth while! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
i agree, i just spent 2 years restoring my fiat 124 spider and only found 1 so so web site, but nothing like this. right now i am looking for an auto trany for my gt, and someone offered theres for just the shipping cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
next month i will go to my first opel getogether.

great site great people makes for great friends

1 - 3 of 3 Posts