Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Opel GT, SR20 engine
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It is the thin metal strip running the whole length of the window panel. I think it's for guiding the window and it has some rosette holes ( for the door locks). It seats in between interior and exterior door panels. I cannot post it in the parts wanted because I don't know what it's called.
TY in advance for naming the part for me and if you have one I would like to purchase it

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,349 Posts
I don't think we have a name for that and I can't find it in the parts catalog. The "Upper Window Lifter Support" is what I would call it. That's it's function, to hold the top of the window lifter slider bar.

·
Registered
Opel GT, SR20 engine
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think we have a name for that and I can't find it in the parts catalog. The "Upper Window Lifter Support" is what I would call it. That's it's function, to hold the top of the window lifter slider bar.
That explains why I can't find it on the net. Anyways thanks for the info.

·
Registered
Opel GT, SR20 engine
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Pardon my illustration but it is something like this which goes into the space between the inner and outer door panel ( the star represents rosette holes)

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,424 Posts
If it's chrome and rubber it is the window scrapper.
Oh, that would be bad if it scapped windows. Maybe a window scraper? :D

Dieter

·
Senior Contributor
5,052 Posts
I have the part in NY. It is painted black correct?

·
Registered
Opel GT, SR20 engine
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the part in NY. It is painted black correct?
I guess it's painted black or body color. If you are willing to sell it can you take a picture once I confirmed it I will send you a private message to finalize the sale.
TY
Ted

·
Über Genius
9,401 Posts
It's been called the inner door sill in the past.

·
Senior Contributor
5,052 Posts
I guess it's painted black or body color. If you are willing to sell it can you take a picture once I confirmed it I will send you a private message to finalize the sale.
TY
Ted
Let me know if you get one from Gordo and I won't bother to look when I get to NY in July. Thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think we have some in Ft. Worth. Let me know in private message if you still need them. This part is very important to your window.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts