Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 2019 Opel Nationals will be held Saturday, October 19th in conjunction with the Fall AutoFair at the famed Charlotte Motor Speedway.

A lot of pre planning has been going on behind the scenes as we want to make sure this will be one of the best Opel National Events you could attend!

The hotel has been set up with 25 rooms blocked off for the Opel Club. The hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn in Concord, North Carolina. The hotel is less than a mile from the event at the Speedway. Cost per night is $139, which is a reduced rate from $179. $40 savings. You can either call the hotel directly at (704) 979-2900 or go to a link that will be set up in the next 24 to 48 hours to reserve your room. Be sure you tell them that you want to reserve a room for the Opel Car Club. Rooms have been set aside for October 18th and 19th with check out on Sunday, the 20th. The hotel has a fantastic breakfast that is $9.95 for all you can eat.

The last day you can get the reduced rate at the hotel is September 18th. After that, the rooms will be released back to the general public at their normal rates.

The parking lot is very large with plenty of parking for trailers. I was told that we really needed a larger parking lot to accommodate trailers as the other hotel parking lot was really too small. I agreed.

There will be an auction on Saturday evening with proceeds after expenses going to The Make-A-Wish Foundation.

We are also planning on a small band to play Saturday evening. These guys are really good and you will enjoy their music.

I’m still working with the AutoFair people on where we will be located inside the speedway. I’m thinking we will be placed in a prime location for maximum exposure.

A link to the reservation page for the hotel has been set up:

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/C/CLTCOGI-OPEL19-20191018/index.jhtml

Any questions? Please ask. Call me at (704) 661-3666 or e-mail at [email protected] or [email protected] (O’s, not zeros in Ooooner). Or simply post a question here...

· Registered
3,460 Posts
The 2019 Opel Nationals will be held Saturday, October 19th in conjunction with the Fall AutoFair at the famed Charlotte Motor Speedway.

A lot of pre planning has been going on behind the scenes as we want to make sure this will be one of the best Opel National Events you could attend!

The hotel has been set up with 25 rooms blocked off for the Opel Club. The hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn in Concord, North Carolina. The hotel is less than a mile from the event at the Speedway. Cost per night is $139, which is a reduced rate from $179. $40 savings. You can either call the hotel directly at (704) 979-2900 or go to a link that will be set up in the next 24 to 48 hours to reserve your room. Be sure you tell them that you want to reserve a room for the Opel Car Club. Rooms have been set aside for October 18th and 19th with check out on Sunday, the 20th. The hotel has a fantastic breakfast that is $9.95 for all you can eat.

The parking lot is very large with plenty of parking for trailers. I was told that we really needed a larger parking lot to accommodate trailers as the other hotel parking lot was really too small. I agreed.

There will be an auction on Saturday evening with proceeds after expenses going to The Make-A-Wish Foundation.

We are also planning on a small band to play Saturday evening. These guys are really good and you will enjoy their music.

I’m still working with the AutoFair people on where we will be located inside the speedway. I’m thinking we will be placed in a prime location for maximum exposure.

More information coming very soon. I will post the hotel reservation link for the Opel Car Club in the next few days.
We'll talk more when I see you next week, but my son and I will be there. Probally won't hang around for the night. In fact my son may be playing that night with his bad 11 Echoes and I'll come solo. Jarrell

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
A Few Updates

The 2019 Opel Nationals is fast approaching so here are a few updates.

Reserving a hotel room needs to be done by September 15th in order to get the Opel Club discount. The rooms reserved by the club that are not reserved by individuals will be released back to the general public for $179 a night! :yikes: The link for reservations is in an above post.

Those of you wishing to show your Opel at the Nationals, there is a $10 registration fee. This goes for all Car clubs. This will get you two people passes and a windshield sticker for Friday and Saturday. This is much cheaper than Carlisle! I would need to know something by September 15th, at the latest, if you will attend. I have to turn the money into the Speedway officials by then in order to pick up your passes and Windshield sticker. I can either mail these to you or you can pick them up at the hotel either Thursday or Friday.

I now have most of the nicest Opels to go into the AutoFair Showcase Pavilion. They had asked for 8 - 9 of our best Opels to go on display. These cars will be displayed from Thursday, October 17th, 18th and Saturday the 19th. All the other Opels at the AutoFair will be located right outside the Pavilion. The best exposure we could ever expect. The AutoFair uses what’s displaying in The Showcase Pavilion to advertise the upcoming show. Billboards, TV, newspaper, website, radio, etc. Other cars other than our Opels will be in there but there’s a good chance we will be on some advertisements.

We plan to have an Opel parts auction at the speedway on Saturday. Don’t know if would be a “silent” auction or not. I’m open to suggestions. The monies will help offset expenses with the remainder going to the “Make-A-Wish” Foundation. The last Nationals we had at Charlotte, we raised over $1,800 for the Crohn’s Disease foundation, after expenses.

There will be a band back at the hotel after the show just for us! It’s three guys playing guitars and singing. Really good guys and great music. You won’t be disappointed.

We are still figuring out places to eat as a group or just let y’all eat on your own. Open for suggestions. I will have a sheet/flyer for what times we are supposed to be where, just so we can be somewhat organized. If you decide to find your own places to eat, then I will just have an “open” time slot for that. Believe me, there are tons of places to get some grub around the hotel.

Starting to work on the T-shirts. Suggestions are welcome soon. Color shirt? I’m thinking of T-shirts instead of Polo shirts with embroidery. Thoughts?

More updates later. Any suggestions are welcome as this is your big show!

· Registered
3,460 Posts
Those of you wishing to show your Opel at the Nationals, there is a $10 registration fee. This goes for all Car clubs. This will get you two people passes and a windshield sticker for Friday and Saturday. This is much cheaper than Carlisle! I would need to know something by September 15th, at the latest, if you will attend. I have to turn the money into the Speedway officials by then in order to pick up your passes and Windshield sticker. I can either mail these to you or you can pick them up at the hotel either Thursday or Friday.
Who and where does the $10 registration fee go to Roy? I need to mail mine as I'm not going to spend the night. Haven't decided to drive or trailer mine. Thanks, Jarrell

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who and where does the $10 registration fee go to Roy? I need to mail mine as I'm not going to spend the night. Haven't decided to drive or trailer mine. Thanks, Jarrell
Thanks for asking that question! Just send it to me by mail or PayPal. The money goes to the Speedway to buy your passes and Windshield sticker. In years past, we used to get them free, which was a great thing they did for the clubs. But like any business, they got to do what they feel they got to do. At $10 bucks for two days, that isn't bad at all when you consider the costs of registering at places like Carlisle or other high profile shows.

· Registered
3,460 Posts
Thanks for asking that question! Just send it to me by mail or PayPal. The money goes to the Speedway to buy your passes and Windshield sticker. In years past, we used to get them free, which was a great thing they did for the clubs. But like any business, they got to do what they feel they got to do. At $10 bucks for two days, that isn't bad at all when you consider the costs of registering at places like Carlisle or other high profile shows.
I'll send you a certified check in the mail Mon. Thanks, Jarrell

2,037 Posts
Roy
Since I am not a graphic artist, someone else would need to flesh this idea out. Since you are looking at a printed shirt and your event is held at the Speedway. How about a set of crossed checkered flags over the top of the Opel Blitz with perhaps the GT and Manta underneath. Above all that the words " Opel Nationals" and below it the words " Charlotte Speedway" and 2019.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As a reminder, those of you who plan to register your car for the 2019 Charlotte Opel Nationals, there is $10 fee that I must receive by September 15th in order to reserve your passes and windshield sticker. This will get you into the show on Friday and Saturday.

Those of you who have Opels in the Showcase Pavilion do not have to pay the $10 fee. You’re in free! I’m still looking for one more very nice Opel for the Pavilion.

You can PayPal the $10 to me. My account at PayPal is: [email protected] (O’s, not zeros in Ooooner). Be sure to send it to “Friend” on PayPal.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Magazine Coverage

The 2019 Opel Nationals in Charlotte, at the AutoFair, will be attended by a journalist (Harold Olsen) for a magazine article in Europe for the Opel Nationals, which is being held October 17th, 18th and 19th. Imagine your Opel could be in a magazine in Europe!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hotel Reserved Rooms Filled!

It seems all the Opel hotel reserved rooms (Hilton Garden Inn) have been taken! I can't get anymore rooms reserved this late. They still have rooms but they have gone back up to the regular price. There are other hotels within walking distance to the Hilton that you could try and get a reasonable rate.

Holiday Inn Express
7772 Gateway Lane NW
Concord, North Carolina 28027

(704) 979-7900

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.