Opel GT Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Juan

I have my Georgia friends trying to locate a Manta Door. I notice that there are a lot of these window regulators for the Honda on e-bay, both used and new. That would make it an easy source for the regulators.
Now that I am back in town for a while, I can post the passenger side on my car which I will be doing this weekend.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Please slow down long enough to have someone take a few pictures of you doing the conversion. A lot of us, I'm sure would love to see, part of the conversion process even IF it isn't an Opel. :yup:

Harold

P.S. White Dog, I think I like it even more.
Was able to shoot a picture of the car while at the show.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
The Dog has over 2K miles on it and I am now tracing leaks on the transmission and another front phantom leak that only happens when the car sits idle for a week or so. The brake booster gave out and I might need a new clutch. I will be taking the transmission out this weekend and should know by then. I have a new design for A/C and might install a unit to try out.

I am also doing a few things to the body (Very, very top secret) and should be ready for unveiling about two weeks from now. Perhaps you will like, perhaps not but we's talkin bouts the dog man!

Overall, the car is really one mean sucker on the road. :yup:

·
Opel Key Master
4,883 Posts
Opel : ASCONA COUPE in Opel | eBay Motors

Selling the Junkyard Dog...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Juan, you need to take a photography class..lol Your pictures on your threads and your eBay ad need some work. Extreme close ups do not show much, don't be scared to show the whole picture. I almost missed the eBay ad because the main gallery picture is of the top of the rear seat.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Opel : ASCONA COUPE in Opel | eBay Motors

Selling the Junkyard Dog...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Juan, you need to take a photography class..lol Your pictures on your threads and your eBay ad need some work. Extreme close ups do not show much, don't be scared to show the whole picture. I almost missed the eBay ad because the main gallery picture is of the top of the rear seat.
What I need is better glasses, my eyesight is slowly going into the sunset daily.
Long story short, I bet a friend of mine that my '69 Camaro would run circles around his '65 Mustang. The bet was he would sell his Fiat or I would sell the Dog depending on which car wins. 535HP on mine against 417HP on his, weight about the same, best time out of three passes.

Never in a million years you would guess who lost by 0.6355 of a second :banghead:

I don't really want or need to sell it, the car is unique and there are none to speak off, but I must honor the bet.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
"Ascona Coupe"???

"a tribute to the 50 or so Opel factory made units called "Mantcona"."???

Juan, you need something different than new glasses. Get off the Cuban cigars...

Dieter
Yes, my car is a 1900 coupe as stated on the title. And no, my cigar time stays above all.

I was told the Opel factory made a few of these and my car looks like one of them, since it is not original then it becomes a tribute. I got the information on this site and from a few friends in Germany.

http://www.opelgt.com/forums/ascona-1900/33281-ascona-manta-front-end-conversion.html

Are you saying that they are incorrect?

Either way, I have no intentions of selling the car, just honoring a lost bet, nothing else. Besides, how many of these conversions exist today that you can put your hand on?

·
Opel Key Master
4,883 Posts
Titles mean nothing on specifics to the model in many cases..example : 1974 Opel GT
Two door sedan...even by definition the Manta could almost be considered a sedan...but most people go by the rear roof line shape as the determination. A sloped rear tends to be a coupe body style. I have one of the few true hard top Opel coupes in the country.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Titles mean nothing on specifics to the model in many cases..example : 1974 Opel GT
Two door sedan...even by definition the Manta could almost be considered a sedan...but most people go by the rear roof line shape as the determination. A sloped rear tends to be a coupe body style. I have one of the few true hard top Opel coupes in the country.
Either way, I honored the bet and still kept the car!

·
Registered
1 Posts

This car is for sale in northwest Georgia, it's only 15 minutes from my house so I had to go have a looksee because these cars are so damn cool.

I almost bought it, but I'm clueless and unfamiliar with old Opels,
I'm mostly a mid 80's Saab guy!

The car runs well and has a very nice deep-throated burble purr with solid idle.

Driving it was great fun and it grabbed me by the gonads and put Opel on my radar, although I highly doubt I'll ever come across a 2dr. Ascona again, but when researching I saw the wagons and those are cool too.

Anyway,
here's the ad:
https://nwga.craigslist.org/cto/d/1972-opel/6512696156.html

Thought I'd give y'all a heads up in case somebody here might be interested.

I am not the seller.

Adsaver for posterity:
1972 opel - $4000 (calhoun) - CraigslistAdSaver

61 - 70 of 70 Posts