Opel GT Forum banner

561 - 580 of 1604 Posts

·
Über Genius
8,966 Posts
Heck, I bought them a long time ago!

NOW I'm in the market for some genuine WW1 air to put in the tires.....

:lmao:
You are going to have to be more specific. There was a lot of different types of air from many different regions in WW2.
Not all WW2 air is the same.

Don't go cheap on the stuff.

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,537 Posts
I would only buy WW1 air from a reputable dealer that will send you DETAILED pictures of said vintage air. Just waaaaay to many scams out there!

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
Dang Scammers!

Man, I know what you're talking about!

Years ago I bought some supposedly "genuine" Civil War air from some Southern fella. When I opened the mason jar to sample it's quality, it smelled just like a fart! Well, now, I'm no historian, but I figure I either got ripped off or Southern fellas have a long history with azz gas problems. One time I was talkin' with Harold on the phone and he let one rip. I swear that I smelt it 5 minutes later.

Ya don't think I got ripped off 'cuz I'm a Yankee, do ya?

:thinking:

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
Man, I know what you're talking about!

Years ago I bought some supposedly "genuine" Civil War air from some Southern fella. When I opened the mason jar to sample it's quality, it smelled just like a fart! Well, now, I'm no historian, but I figure I either got ripped off or Southern fellas have a long history with azz gas problems. One time I was talkin' with Harold on the phone and he let one rip. I swear that I smelt it 5 minutes later.

Ya don't think I got ripped off 'cuz I'm a Yankee, do ya?

:thinking:
dude you opened that jar? that was general custers beer fart after his celebratory warm beer at Todd's tavern after the battle of trevillian station...

It was stolen from the smithsonian!

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
It looks like there are OGTS foam gaskets included in the lot. I'll betcha that one lens is new old stock and one is a new OGTS reproduction. The colors appear different, too.

·
Patrick
861 Posts
Heck they are already up to 41.00.... I'm guessing they go for 110.00..... Cheers

·
1000 Post Club
4,109 Posts
What do you mean by reflector? I have never seen a reflector in a lense. The housing has it.

Karl
U.S. DOT specifications require a orange reflector on the front side of the vehicle and a red reflector on the rear side of the vehicle.

See the Arrows in Photo. There are 3 reflectors in there.

I know of at least one set of these in a GT living in Germany. :)

Attachments

4,231 Posts
U.S. DOT specifications require a orange reflector on the front side of the vehicle and a red reflector on the rear side of the vehicle.

See the Arrows in Photo. There are 3 reflectors in there.

I know of at least one set of these in a GT living in Germany. :)
What must that must:yup:

Norbert:veryhappy

561 - 580 of 1604 Posts