·
Über Genius
8,967 Posts
Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Wow! A $10,500 muffler!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Exhaust-Muffler-Assembly-Rear-Bosal-185-582/153362380915?fits=Model:Opel|Make:Opel&epid=110003950&hash=item23b51c3873:g:IaMAAOSwRTxcVfHD

It must be REALLY quiet! Probably because after you buy it you won't have any money for gas.

Wow! And you can pay for it with 24 monthly payments of only $505 each!

:lmao:

Click on Buy It Now and then commit to buy and I guess the real problems begin. I mean really, how freaking hard is it to post up the correct price?

Or is this, like others found on ebay, a fishing expedition by the seller?

Anyone gone through with a crazy priced purchase such as this one? How'd it turn out? Any negative rep gone your way for reneging on the purchase, no matter how insane it is?

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Hey Mike, you're probably right about the fishing expedition, but then again some people think just because it goes an an Opel the price jacked up beyond belief. OGTS sells the same thing for 109.00 so you could buy 96 of Gil's for the same price as this guy, or it could be that this person has just lost their mind.

Bob

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I didn't look at the ad but remember that in Europe, they use a comma instead of decimal point in their prices, i.e. 105,00 is 105 Euros (or pounds) for US prices? Just a thought?

Doug

·
Vendor
2,592 Posts

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,592 Posts
Me too! :)
I remember commenting on another Brazilian GM product a few years ago. The Opel influence is striking.
Brazil Spec: 1978 Chevrolet Opala Caravan
There are a lot of really cool Brazil-only models that never made it here. Cools stuff though.
https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/01/not-so-brief-history-of-the-brazilian-car-parte-dois/
Cheer,
Ron in Indy

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
In Opala SS spec, it has the looks and vibes of a 3/4 scale 66-67 Chevelle Super Sport 396. A highly regarded car in Brazil, as coveted as our 60's muscle cars are here as well as the Aussie Holden Monaro's, Ford Falcons and Chrysler Chargers down under....

4,231 Posts
Seller claims GI import. Of course, he also claims that no 1.1 GTs were sold in the States,
but this one does look European (no rear side markers, KPH speedo) Some aftermarket stuff,
but still an interesting find, if true.
Good luck to the seller. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Opel-Opel/163656108779?hash=item261aaa0aeb:g:974AAOSwwWNcuSk-
Ron in Indy
There are many details what looks like a european style.But also a lot of parts with only available in the US
version.The whole interieur is not european 1.1 style!!
When it is a european GT you can find out verry easy.The VIN 931881176 must be still stamped in front grove next to the wiper motor plate.

·
Vendor
2,592 Posts
There are many details what looks like a european style.But also a lot of parts with only available in the US
version.The whole interieur is not european 1.1 style!!
When it is a european GT you can find out verry easy.The VIN 931881176 must be still stamped in front grove next to the wiper motor plate.
This car is far from stock, with the aftermarket air cleaner and those horns :)ugh: ) so I guess it is hard to say
with certainty if it is a true Euro spec car without seeing the VIN stamp you mentioned. I'm curious about how the European interior would differ.
Nevertheless, the car is doing well in the auction-already >$14K with more than a day remaining. I wonder if the provenance contributed anything to that
price.
Cheers,
Ron in Indy

·
Can Opeler
3,320 Posts
This car is far from stock, with the aftermarket air cleaner and those horns :)ugh: ) so I guess it is hard to say
with certainty if it is a true Euro spec car without seeing the VIN stamp you mentioned. I'm curious about how the European interior would differ.
Nevertheless, the car is doing well in the auction-already >$14K with more than a day remaining. I wonder if the provenance contributed anything to that
price.
Cheers,
Ron in Indy
The euro 1.1L had different seat and panel material with no perforations if I’m remembering right.

Reactions: rrossjr

·
Can Opeler
3,320 Posts
1501 - 1520 of 1604 Posts