Opel GT Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1604 Posts

·
Detritus Maximus
2,230 Posts
In Opala SS spec, it has the looks and vibes of a 3/4 scale 66-67 Chevelle Super Sport 396. A highly regarded car in Brazil, as coveted as our 60's muscle cars are here as well as the Aussie Holden Monaro's, Ford Falcons and Chrysler Chargers down under....
It is yet another variation of the Rekord C. Also made in Belgium as a Ranger with Opel motors. South Africa had the Ranger as well with SA sourced engines.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
It’s a nice car! It deserves to sell for 16k. One of the few nice 1.1L left on the US. I only know of 2 other 1.1L that are driving and rust free.

There is a $4k Silver 69 GT for sale right now that is a much better deal though
I hope you have GTRoy's 1.1 on that list (and I think he bought his new)! Roy, post a pic! If he doesn't, his forum avatar is a pic.

Doug

·
Can Opeler
3,320 Posts
I hope you have GTRoy's 1.1 on that list (and I think he bought his new)! Roy, post a pic! If he doesn't, his forum avatar is a pic.

Doug
Yep I was thinking of his and Lynn’s. Tom’s Ms. Opel got sent to the museum in Germany so that’s one less in the US.

·
1,696 Posts
The yellow 69 1.1L along with some other things looks to have had a repaint somewhere in the past. With that and the after market intake I would be hesitant to give 16 grand for it. As mentioned above Gordy has the Silver 69 1.9L for sale which would make someone a nice GT for the price. He also has a Red 69 1.1L GT for sale that if someone put 16 grand in it would be a very nice GT and you would know exactly what you have.

·
Vendor
2,587 Posts

Attachments

·
Can Opeler
3,320 Posts
It’s a Volvo P1800 I’m pretty sure.

Reactions: oliper

·
Über Genius
8,961 Posts

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Hmmm! My son recently moved to Anchorage, might be time to schedule a visit? :no::no::no:

At the Auction Week in Phoenix this year there were 7-8 different auction companies running a single day to more than a week. A '72 P1800E sold for $91K+ (including the buyers premium)! https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25101/lot/1/?category=list&length=12&page=1

When I retired in 1999 (nobody should have to work more than 1 millennium) we drove from Los Angeles to Alaska. The distance from LA to Seattle was 1/2 way. Shipping won't be cheap!

HTH -- Doug

1521 - 1540 of 1604 Posts