Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
The Young One
1,051 Posts
I am really surprised that there are no mgs or triumphs. My grandpa has a Morris minor traveler. It has no wood and no engine. We might make a hot rod out of it or put a 1275 engine in it. The Morris minors are pretty cool.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You stimulated a nice thought about my younger days and a really good friend that is no longer with us. My friends dad worked at AMC when we were growing up. They had a lot of cars that would be cool to have now like an early 70s Ambassador station wagon. My buddy ended up with a Hornet hatchback with the 360 in it (but no four speed).
They had a set of snow tires with studs obtained before they were outlawed for chewing up pavement. This car performed the best burnouts but they were socially unacceptable. The whole car would disappear in a cloud of tire smoke. I only remember one burnout with the snow tires and in addition to the melting rubber there were sparks shooting out about ten feet - it was real and spectacular! One of the best laughs of my life. RIP Kev…

·
Can Opeler
3,937 Posts
That has some nice cars and an Opel but it’s really just click bait… the Gremlin? the Pontiac Fiero?
The Fiero is seriously one of the best sports cars ever made. Probably THE best US made true sports car. Working on them is a dream too. Every body panel can be removed and the car is still structurally sound. Such a cool car.

Reactions: Young Gt Lover

·
Detritus Maximus
3,524 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts