Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The upgrade is complete!

Most of the improvements were in the base program that runs this portal page. There are a lot of features included and many more to be released shortly. Soon you will be able to chose a "Theme" and be able to view OpelGT.com in the color and style of your choice. :D

Click on the "Site Features" drop down box for a view of what is available. Articles, reviews, downloads and links are included. Now we can start building more content into this site.

I'll be in OKC, OK for the next three days. New users will have to wait until Friday for activations. (Unless I can find a PC out there)

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
New page Layouts

Gary,

I'd like to provide some feedback on the new changes to the site. Everything seems to work great, except the new page layout has been causing me problems when I try to print a hard copy of a topic (series of posts) for my "Scrap Book".

Before, when I got past the home / main pages the Menu bar/ Active Topics column at the far left of the page disappeared. Now it remains. This squishes everything to the right, even with a 17 inch monitor. This is okay if I'm just reading, I can just move everything over with the slide bar at the bottom of the page. But when I print, it still shoves everything over to the right causing the topic to consume more pages and it cuts a couple of words off of every sentence.

Sorry if I'm being nit picky. I really appreciate all the HARD work you've put into making this site GREAT.

Thanks
Paul

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
As Rosanne Rosanna Danna would say

Nevermind!

I found how to turn off/hide the left column. I'm suprised nobody pointed it out sooner. For those of you that don't know (maybe I was the only one) its at the top right hand of the page, near the faq and search tabs.

Paul

·
Administrator
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Have I mentioned that I like this forum program. :D
Because it is database driven, It gets continually updated and does not require me to manually enter changes and you can customize it yourself. You also can set a lot of defaults to the way you like it in the "User CP".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts