Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gary,

I was just checking out the latest version of the Opel Motorsport Club site (www.opelclub.com for those not aware of it, which Gary is updating with new software). So, is this the final software, or are you still "test driving"? What is the desired "look" and functionality for this site? Will it mainly be a portal for OMC members to exchange information and view club information and event photos, or is it being aimed at attracting new members? I can't see the need to duplicate the technical information exchange that we already have at OpelGT.com. And the OANA site already has a bunch of good downloads (speaking of which, could we perhaps "borrow" the OANA downloads and put them on our site? And also some of the classicopels and vault files, which seem to be moved every few weeks, so it makes links pretty unreliable).

Keep up the good work

·
Administrator
10,273 Posts
I was able to become part of a Beta test for a new Content Management System (CMS) program. (might be able to save OMC the cost of the software by participating.) :D Pretty powerful and easy to set up. Hopefully, this will be the final change.

When we moved the OMC site to a new host last June, all the PHP programming was not compatible to the new PHP version so we lost what was there. I have been searching for a program that will allow upgrades and changes without needing special skills or programming knowledge. I think we have it now.

My vision of the OMC site is to promote the club and it's chapters. Have a special OMC members only section with an online version of the Blitz. Opel Ring, Photos, Ad Board, Chapter Events, etc. No need for another discussion fourm.

As for the Tech section on OpelGT.com.... That is the next area for development. I have been holding off on modifying the site in anticipation of the release of vBulletin 3.0. vB3 is a major rewrite and will add a *lot* of new features. (Release Candidate 1 tentatively scheduled for "late" November) There will be an enhanced article upload program so all can add Tech articles. I just was notified that we were chosen to "beta test" a new program hack that I think will become quite popular. I'll know more next week. I am working on modifying a Registry program that is vB compatible. It's about 60% complete.

So there are a lot of exciting things coming up down the road. I'll keep everyone informed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.