Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously looking for the Best Opel GT I can find, I would like to find a mechanically sound car that has a 2.4 engine with the GETRAG 5 speed and many mechanical upgrades. I would like to also either buy a gull wing kit or completed car. I own a couple GT's but really want to put a "perfect car" together and would like to start with the closest thing available.

I just joined the forum and would really like help to make my Perfect GT. [email protected]

·
Pedal Smasher
2,117 Posts
To my knowledge, no one makes gullwing kits anymore. Keith, who has already posted a GT he has for sale, would probably be one of the few people in the US that could create a gullwing from scratch for you. It’s harder than it looks to create a proper functioning gullwing. That’s a lot of cutting and welding and design work.

Does your username have anything to do with the NART spyder?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To my knowledge, no one makes gullwing kits anymore. Keith, who has already posted a GT he has for sale, would probably be one of the few people in the US that could create a gullwing from scratch for you. It’s harder than it looks to create a proper functioning gullwing. That’s a lot of cutting and welding and design work.

Does your username have anything to do with the NART spyder?
thanks, I will be contacting him tomorrow, yes I am restoring my 275 NART

·
RunOpel
1,229 Posts
Keith that is one beautiful Opel GT :):) So it didn't sell and is still up for grabs?

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,274 Posts
The owner of that yellow GT spent $75K-$100K on that car.

There are only about 4-5 gullwing GT's in the world, I think all of them were made by a German member.

AFAIK, the only available gullwing to purchase is the one that Opels Unlimited has had for many years. It was never finished, but I think they made a recent effort to finish it.

·
RunOpel
1,229 Posts
Wish I had the money, that would be a beautiful Opel GT to own :)

·
UngerDog
1,288 Posts
I'm confused. How is it that the yellow blaze GT gets on a Rock Auto magnet when all of the parts purchased for this car came from Opel GT Source?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts