Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed quite a few new arrivals here. Seems the spring car bug has bitten a few folks. Nice to hear from new people keeping the cars alive. I myself have been daydreaming about the turbo wagon. A low compression motor pretty much stock with a bit of a boost going for it. Keeping it simple with a draw through type and a 45 DCOE limited to around 6 pounds with a simple waste gate. I've been looking at the odd 2.0 exhaust manifold for this, The one turned 90 degrees and swept way back. For some reason I keep wanting to turn it upside down on the head. It would be such a quick shot to the turbo that way, less lag. I can't remember if it would still fit under the hood if I did it that way. I know the mounting ears would have to be modified. Then feed it into a modified stock intake. It looks like an interesting idea and pretty simple. The concept is the sleeper wagon. Skinny tires, not pretty, fake wood paneling sides, luggage rack if possible with around 175 horse under the hood. Ok now it's everybodys turn to tell me what an odd idea it is, and all the reasons it can't possibly work. Opelitis at work here with a touch of the spring time bug or I've just lost my mind.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm driving the 95 TA 350 LT1 6 speed right now =) Nothing like monster torque to put a smile on your face and black marks on the road. Soon I'll have the FI done on my red GT and the Ford 2300 Turbo in the teal one.

I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I've never liked draw through turbos. If you went with an EFI setup it would get a lot more power but would take a lot more work. As long as you keep the power down you should be able to run the stock motor for a while, trannys and rear ends may have issues.

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
No comment from me on the motor (I like expermentation too). As far as the new members, notice how the sale adds dried up?

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
I did notice how eBay is pretty much only selling rust buckets now and not the really nice GT's they had on about a month or two ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the last "good" GT two weeks ago on Ebay and am very happy with it. It was the red one in Louisiana. Owned a new 73 in high school and very happy to have another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts